Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ALZEHEIMERS ????

Sign-up for the weekly newsletter digest interactive
write to me at webriter@verizon.net or mark_my_bailey@yahoo.com.
***********************ALZEHEIMERS****************************
(1)“The most common neurodegenerative disease is Alzheimer’s disease,” he said. “It is estimated that more than four million U.S. citizens are currently afflicted by AD, and this number is expected to grow to 14 million by the year 2050.”

Prior to our times now few people survived long enough to begin to suffer from neurodegenerative diseases. But this doesn't even begin to explain the sheer numbers of the people affected, nor the numbers of people with what is called early onset AD.

"AD arises due to overproduction of a particular peptide that is continuously produced in the brain. More than 99 percent of it is rapidly cleared, but very small amounts escape the clearance process. How much escapes is due, in part, to lifestyle factors."

(2)
As anyone who's ever cared for someone with Alzheimer's disease (AD) knows, erratic eating behavior is typical of AD patients. Naturally, poor nutrition follows.
To investigate exactly which nutrients AD patients may need the most, researchers at the University of Montreal recruited 36 patients in the early stages of AD, along with their caregivers. For comparison, nearly 60 healthy subjects were also recruited. These control subjects were in good cognitive health and matched to age with the AD subjects....AD subjects had lower intake of dietary fiber and protein, and were found to be generally deficient in these nutrients:
~Calcium ~Iron ~Zinc ~Vitamin A ~Vitamin K ~Omega-3 fatty acids
The Montreal team noted that insufficient diet was clearly evident in the early onset of AD. And they added: "This vulnerable population would benefit from systematic dietary assessment and intervention to prevent further deterioration in food consumption and increased nutritional risk."


So what causes this particular peptide to flourish? How can I keep myself from falling prey to AD?

(3)
Alzheimer's seems to often be the eventual product of toxic environment and deficient and toxic nutrition & tap water, to wit the purported link of Alzheimer's to heavy metals like mercury, toxic agents such as aluminium, aspartame, glutamate, cysteine (all three "excitotoxins“), sugar, lack of omega3 essential fatty acids, water etc. While I haven’t received Alzheimer’s disease Budwig diet success reports so far (this diet focuses on omega 3s, fresh organic nutrition and avoidance of damaging foods and agents), I did see success reports pointing to the central importance of chelating mercury deposits from the body and brain (holistic physician Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt centers his approach to healing Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS, MS, autism etc. around mercury chelation).
Personally I think a combination approach would be optimal - thorough mercury etc. detoxification* plus optimizing one’s diet in the manner suggested by Dr. Budwig (i.e. rich in easily assimilable omega3 fatty acids, sulphurated amino acids (which act as a powerful internal detox squad) and live organic nutrition while shunning processed foodstuffs).
* under the guidance of an experienced naturopath since the brain is involved


Apparently avoiding heavy metals, taking extra Omega-3's and eating a good diet of whole fresh foods with 1/3 raw is a good bet to avoid ending our lives with the long Good-bye.

Mostly what we are getting from the Scientists and Medicos boils down to:There is no cure and little can be done for now to control its insidious destruction of victims' personalities, memories and skills.
An estimated 4 million Americans have Alzheimer's, and the numbers will increase as better medical care helps people escape other major killers, such as heart disease. The Alzheimer's Association estimates the total will be 14 million by the middle of this century unless a cure or prevention is found.

So? Their idea is take drugs, buy expensive and dangerous medications, make the drug companies rich and allow people to cling to their dangerous & bad lifestyles, while being sedated and slowly die of the awful Alzeheimers disease. Medical types just throw up their hands and say We just can't help you, so take this drug, oh It's not working? Well then take this other drug, you have a problem with heartburn now? Ok, then here is Another drug.

I'm still working on my health, I'm eating a diet of locally grown whole fresh foods, purified water and, I'm taking :CellPower™ to cover the basics, also
FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course
~Glutathione-the master antioxidant is a great helper to counteract many diabetic complications.
~4 essential minerals for diabetics
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.
~coconut oil


for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight
*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group Heath and Nutrition
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
-----THE GARDEN GNOME

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


~~~Jokes and inspirations~~~
Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed
there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself
you can always write a book.
-- Ronald Reagan

The only difference between the Democrats and the
Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor
to be corrupt, too.
-- Oscar Levant

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, does
absolute powerlessness make you pure?
-- Harry Shearer

Household tasks are easier and quicker when they
are done by somebody else.
-- James Thorpe
~~~
If God lived on earth, people would break his
windows.
-- Jewish Proverb

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation
for the freedom of thought which they seldom
use.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father
was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's
wrong.
-- Charles Wadsworth

When Solomon said there was a time and a place
for everything he had not encountered the problem
of parking his automobile.
-- Bob Edwards
~~~
by Catherine Moore
"Watch out! You nearly broad sided that car!" My father yelled at me.

"Can't you do anything right?"
Those words hurt worse than blows. I turned my head toward the elderly man in the seat beside me, daring me to challenge him. A lump rose in my throat as I averted my eyes. I wasn't prepared for another battle.

"I saw the car, Dad. Please don't yell at me when I'm driving." My voice was measured and steady, sounding far calmer than I really felt.

Dad glared at me, then turned away and settled back. At home I left Dad in front of the television and went outside to collect my thoughts. Dark, heavy clouds hung in the air with a promise of rain. The rumble of distant thunder seemed to echo my inner turmoil.

What could I do about him?

Dad had been a lumberjack in Washington and Oregon . He had enjoyed being outdoors and had reveled in pitting his strength against the forces of nature. He had entered grueling lumberjack competitions, and had placed often. The shelves in his house were filled with trophies that attested to his prowess.

The years marched on relentlessly. The first time he couldn't lift a heavy log, he joked about it; but later that same day I saw him outside alone, straining to lift it. He became irritable whenever anyone teased him about his advancing age, or when he couldn't do something he had done as a younger man.

Four days after his sixty-seventh birthday, he had a heart attack. An ambulance sped him to the hospital while a paramedic administered CPR to keep blood and oxygen flowing. At the hospital, Dad was rushed into an operating room. He was lucky; he survived.

But something inside Dad died. His zest for life was gone. He obstinately refused to follow doctor's orders. Suggestions and offers of help were turned aside with sarcasm and insults. The number of visitors thinned, then finally stopped altogether. Dad was left alone.

My husband, Dick, and I asked Dad to come live with us on our small farm. We hoped the fresh air and rustic atmosphere would help him adjust. Within a week after he moved in, I regretted the invitation. It seemed nothing was satisfactory. He criticized everything I did. I became frustrated and moody. Soon I was taking my pent-up anger out on Dick. We began to bicker and argue. Alarmed, Dick sought out our pastor and explained the situation. The clergyman set up weekly counseling appointments for us. At the close of each session he prayed, asking God to soothe Dad's troubled mind. But the months wore on and God was silent. Something had to be done and it was up to me to do it.

The next day I sat down with the phone book and methodically called each of the mental health clinics listed in the Yellow Pages. I explained my problem to each of the sympathetic voices that answered. In vain. Just when I was giving up hope, one of the voices suddenly exclaimed, "I just read something that might help you! Let me go get the article." I listened as she read. The article described a remarkable study done at a nursing home. All of the patients were under treatment for chronic depression. Yet their attitudes had improved dramatically when they were given responsibility for a dog.

I drove to the animal shelter that afternoon. After I filled out a questionnaire, a uniformed officer led me to the kennels. The odor of disinfectant stung my nostrils as I moved down the row of pens. Each contained five to seven dogs. Long-haired dogs, curly-haired dogs, black dogs, spotted dogs all jumped up, trying to reach me. I studied each one but rejected one after the other for various reasons too big, too small, too much hair. As I neared the last pen a dog in the shadows of the far corner struggled to his feet, walked to the front of the run and sat down. It was a pointer, one of the dog world's aristocrats. But this was a caricature of the breed. Years had etched his face and muzzle with shades of gray. His hipbones jutted out in lopsided triangles. But it was his eyes that caught and held my attention. Calm and clear, they beheld me unwaveringly.

I pointed to the dog. "Can you tell me about him?" The officer looked, then shook his head in puzzlement.

"He's a funny one. Appeared out of nowhere and sat in front of the gate. We brought him in, figuring someone would be right down to claim him. That was two weeks ago and we've heard nothing. His time is up tomorrow." He gestured helplessly.

As the words sank in I turned to the man in horror. "You mean you're going to kill him?"

"Ma'am," he said gently, "that's our policy. We don't have room for every unclaimed dog."

I looked at the pointer again. The calm brown eyes awaited my decision. "I'll take him," I said.

I drove home with the dog on the front seat beside me. When I reached the house I honked the horn twice. I was helping my prize out of the car when Dad shuffled onto the front porch.

"Ta-da! Look what I got for you, Dad!" I said excitedly.

Dad looked, then wrinkled his face in disgust. "If I had wanted a dog I would have gotten one. And I would have picked out a better specimen than that bag of bones. Keep it! I don't want it" Dad waved his arm scornfully and turned back toward the house.

Anger rose inside me. It squeezed together my throat muscles and pounded into my temples.

"You'd better get used to him, Dad. He's staying!" Dad ignored me. "Did you hear me, Dad?" I screamed. At those words Dad whirled angrily, his hands clenched at his sides, his eyes narrowed and blazing with hate.

We stood glaring at each other like duelists, when suddenly the pointer pulled free from my grasp. He wobbled toward my dad and sat down in front of him. Then slowly, carefully, he raised his paw.

Dad's lower jaw trembled as he stared at the uplifted paw Confusion replaced the anger in his eyes. The pointer waited patiently. Then Dad was on his knees hugging the animal.

It was the beginning of a warm and intimate friendship. Dad named the pointer Cheyenne . Together he and Cheyenne explored the community. They spent long hours walking down dusty lanes. They spent reflective moments on the banks of streams, angling for tasty trout. They even
started to attend Sunday services together, Dad sitting in a pew and Cheyenne lying quietly at his feet.

Dad and Cheyenne were inseparable throughout the next three years. Dad's bitterness faded, and he and Cheyenne made many friends. Then late one night I was startled to feel Cheyenne 's cold nose burrowing through our bed covers. He had never before come into our bedroom at night. I woke Dick, put on my robe and ran into my father's room. Dad lay in his bed, his face serene. But his spirit had left quietly sometime during the night.

Two days later my shock and grief deepened when I discovered Cheyenne lying dead beside Dad's bed. I wrapped his still form in the rag rug he had slept on. As Dick and I buried him near a favorite fishing hole, I silently thanked the dog for the help he had given me in restoring Dad's peace of mind.

The morning of Dad's funeral dawned overcast and dreary. This day looks like the way I feel, I thought, as I walked down the aisle to the pews reserved for family. I was surprised to see the many friends Dad and Cheyenne had made filling the church. The pastor began his eulogy. It was a tribute to both Dad and the dog who had changed his life. And then the pastor turned to Hebrews 13:2. "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers."

"I've often thanked God for sending that angel," he said.

For me, the past dropped into place, completing a puzzle that I had not seen before: the sympathetic voice that had just read the right article...

Cheyenne 's unexpected appearance at the animal shelter. . .his calm acceptance and complete devotion to my father. . .and the proximity of their deaths. And suddenly I understood. I knew that God had answered my prayers after all.
Life is too short for drama & petty things, so laugh hard,
love truly and forgive quickly.
Live While You Are Alive.
Tell the people you love that you love them, at every
opportunity.
Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a
second time.

And if you don't send this to at least 4 people - who cares?
But do share this with someone. Lost time can never be regained.
~~~
The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she
Had just gotten married -- for the fourth time.


The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt
Like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's
Occupation.


'He's a funeral director,' she answered.


'Interesting,' the newsman thought. He then asked her if she wouldn't
Mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they
Did for a living.


She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those year S.
After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly,
Explaining that she'd first married a banker when she was in her early
20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, later on a preacher when
In her 60's, and now in her 80's, a funeral director.


The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had
Married four men with such diverse careers.


She smiled and explained, 'I married one for the money, two for the show,
Three to get ready, and four to go.'


~~~
There was once a man from the city who was visiting a small farm, and during this visit he saw a farmer feeding pigs in a most extraordinary manner. The farmer would lift a pig up to a nearby apple tree, and the pig would eat the apples off the tree directly.
The farmer would move the pig from one apple to another until the pig was satisfied, then he would start again with another pig. The city man watched this activity for some time with great astonishment.
Finally, he could not resist saying to the farmer, "This is the most inefficient method of feeding pigs that I can imagine. Just think of the time that would be saved if you simply shook the apples off the tree and let the pigs eat them from the ground!"
The farmer looked puzzled and replied, "What's time to a pig?"

~~~

If you work too hard, there is never any time for her.
If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.
If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, it's exploitation.
If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your butt and find something better.
If you get a promotion ahead of her, it's favoritism.
If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.
If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.
If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.
If you cry, you're a wimp.
If you don't, you're insensitive.
If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a control freak.
If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.
If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's manipulation.
If she asks you, it's a favor.
If you try to keep yourself in shape, you're self-centered.
If you don't, you're a slob.
If you buy her flowers, you're after something.
If you don't, you're not thoughtful.
If you're proud of your achievements, you're an egotist.
If you're not, you're not ambitious.
If she has a headache, she's tired.
If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.

~~~

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting together for Christmas, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother.
The first said, "I built a big house for our mother."
The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes."
The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You remember how mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And you know she can't see very well. So I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot recites it."
Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks:
"Dear Milton," she wrote one son, "The house you built is too huge. I live in only one room, but I have to keep the whole house clean!"
"Dear Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel. I stay at home most of the time, so I rarely use the Mercedes."
"Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "You have the good sense to know what your Mother likes. The chicken was Dee-licious
~~~~
A Nun Grading Papers
Can you imagine yourself to be the nun that is sitting at her desk grading these papers all the while trying to keep a straight face and maintain her composure!
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RETOUCHED OR CORRECTED. INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.
1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.
2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.
3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.
4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.
5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED ASTRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.
6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.
7 MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA ! WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS .
8, THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.
10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.
11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.
12. THE GREATEST MIRICLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.
13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.
14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.
15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.
16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.
17.. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.
18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD.
19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EXPLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.
20. IT WAS A MIRICLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.
21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.
22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.
23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN.
24 ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.
25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY
~~~
Enjoy your life, be blessed and bless someone else. My wish for you is to be in great health and youth.

SOURCES
(1)http://campusapps.fullerton.edu/news/2007/239_alzheimer.html
(2)http://www.isecureonline.com/Reports/HSI/WHSID618/home.cfm?o=1431012&u=18560389&l=297
(3)http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/alzheimers-disease-causes-cure.html

No comments: