Thursday, December 27, 2007

COLON, COLON, WHAT'S GOOD WHAT'S BAD

Every article I've ever read about the colon begins, "Death begins in the colon." Just like that we start out on a negative note, but the news isn't all bad. There are strategies to have a healthy colon. The colon is the last place our waste goes to get any usable nutrients sucked out and added to our body's store of energy and food for our cells. It is also the place where if it is not healthy; all the impurities will leach out into our bodies and cause exhaustion, weakness, sicknesses of many kinds. Also the longer the waste lingers the more unpleasant goo gets into our body. The trick is to eat healthy raw enzyme-rich foods that are filled with soluble fiber that not only speeds the waste through the colon but scrapes the deposits that could cause sickness [cancer for one].

See previous blog entries:Candidiasis/Diabetes/alphabet disease connection
AND The Candidasis/Leaky gut/Diabetes connection

Some research studies involving mice suggest inadequate intake of folate, riboflavin and vitamins B-6 and B-12 leads to risk of DNA damage and increase the risk of colorectal cancers.

These B vitamins are prevalent in:
B-6 -including fortified cereals, beans, meat, poultry, fish, and some fruits and vegetables.
B-12- Meat, poultry, milk, eggs
Folate-Grains, Fortified breakfast cereal, Whole wheat products, Liver,Eggs,Beans, Sunflower seeds,[Vegetables—Excellent Source!], Asparagus,Leafy green vegetables
Oranges,Strawberries, Cantaloupes and other melons
riboflavin-Lean meats, eggs, legumes, nuts, green leafy vegetables, dairy products, and milk provide riboflavin in the diet. Breads and cereals are often fortified with riboflavin.

The research showed that it was the depletion of all four vitamins that caused changes in the Wnt pathway —a cellular signaling pathway linked to more than 85% of colon cancers. A mild depletion of all four B vitamins significantly increased the DNA damage localized at the Apc gene. The Apc (adenomatosis polyposis coli) gene is the tumor suppressor, and damage to it would cause a risk of forming tumors, like cancer,

So, is anyone researching any way to repair this gene? Or helping us all to understand what we can do to protect this gene?


As to colon cleansers while they are good for maintaining a free-flowing colon they are designed to make $$ for the manufacturers and According to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center:
The bottom line is that colon cleansers don’t do anything to lower your risk of colon cancer. “A healthy diet (low in red meat and fat and high in fruits, vegetables, fiber and calcium), exercise, drinking in moderation and avoiding tobacco are the known elements that reduce colon cancer risk, “ Levin says. “Know your family history, and get screened earlier than age 50 if colon cancer runs in your family.


I would add it is essential to eat lots of fresh, raw vegetables, soluble fiber and severely cut down on all processed or fried foods. The fiber is important because any stool that sits around malingering in the colon will contribute to the death in the lower intestine and possibly early death From the bowel.

I do think that the occasional cleanse is a great idea to eliminate anything left in the bowel that our good eating plan may leave behind.

In the meantime I'm still taking:CellPower™ it makes over 34 quarts of healthy supplement to cover the basics, also
~FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course
~Glutathione-the master antioxidant is a great helper to counteract many diabetic complications.
I've also added D-3
Swanson Home Page
five caps per day to ward off the evil colds and flus And Silica too; also from Swanson's.
~4 essential minerals for diabetics
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.
~coconut oil


for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight
*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
NEW CHATROOM FOR MEMBERS OF THE HEALTHWATCH CLICK HERE



-----THE GARDEN GNOME

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~~~Jokes and Inspiration~~~
Calling God

A man in Kansas, decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco, and started working east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall, and was intrigued with a sign which read, "$10,000 per minute."

Seeking out the pastor, he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that the golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to Heaven, and if he pays the price, he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Salt Lake City,Denver, Chicago, Milwaukee, and around theUnited States, he found more such phones, with the same sign, and the same explanation from each pastor.

Finally, the man arrived in the lovely state of North Carolina. Upon entering a church, behold: he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read: "Calls: 25 cents"!

Fascinated, the man asked to speak with the pastor.

"Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone, and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven, and that I could use it to talk to God..

But in 20 other churches, the cost was $10,000 per minute. Your sign says
25 cents per call. Why is that?

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied: "Son, you're in the South now and it's a local call.
~~~
Twenty years ago, I drove a cab for a living. One time I arrived in the middle of the night for a pick up at a building that was dark except for a single light in a ground floor window. Under these circumstances, many drivers would just honk once or twice, wait a minute, then drive away. But I had seen too many impoverished people who depended on taxis as their only means of transportation. Unless a situation smelled of danger, I always went to the door. This passenger might be someone who needs my assistance, I reasoned to myself.

So I walked to the door and knocked. "Just a minute", answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor. After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 80's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940s movie. By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets. There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.

"Would you carry my bag out to the car?" she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman. She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb. She kept thanking me for my kindness.

"It's nothing", I told her. "I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated".

"Oh, you're such a good boy", she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address, then asked, "Could you drive through downtown?"

"It's not the shortest way," I answered quickly.

"Oh, I don't mind," she said. "I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice".

I looked in the rear view mirror. Her eyes were glistening.

"I don't have any family left," she continued. "The doctor says I don't have very long."

I quietly reached over and shut off the meter. "What route would you like me to take?" I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator. We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds. She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl. Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, "I'm tired. Let's go now."

We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico. Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her. I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

"How much do I owe you?" she asked, reaching into her purse.

"Nothing," I said.

"You have to make a living," she answered.

"There are other passengers".

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.

"You gave an old woman a little moment of joy," she said. "Thank you."

I squeezed her hand, then walked into the dim morning light. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life.

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly, lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life. We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware--beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
~~~
You are not superior just because you see the
world in an odious light.
-- Vicomte de Chateaubriand

There is still a difference between something and
nothing, but it is purely geometrical and there
is nothing behind the geometry.
-- Martin Gardner, "The Mathematical
Magic Show"

One's real life is often the life that one does
not lead.
-- Oscar Wilde,
The master said to his confused disciple, "That was Zen, this is Tao."

~~~
There was a huge accident on the interstate, a transport semi rolled over and cattle were all over the road, some were mooing some were dead on the road. Two young troopers showed up; drew their pistols from their holsters, one said to the other, "This one is severally injured." and he shot it.
The other said, "This one has a broken leg." and he shot that one. One by one they checked each out and put the out of their misery,finally one trooper came upon the driver who was shaking his head as if still dazed, The trooper asked, "How are you, Any injuries? What's wrong?" The driver looked up alarmed and replied, "Not a darned thing, I'm just fine, Really!"

As always I wish you all fine folks health and happiness, I also hope you spread that around: here is a blessing just for you: May the Lord bless you and keep you; may He make His face [cause his spirit] to shine on you and be gracious to you; may He lift up His countenance [smile] on you and give you peace. —Numbers 6:22-27 (NIV) explains why is this called the “Aaronic Benediction" (because it was spoken by the high priest Aaron).

Please don't forget to check out my sponsors and if necessary get some supplements at a great low price, I only advertise the best, nothing made in China.



SOURCES
http://video.swansonvitamins.com/e_files/ResearchUpdate/071227_RUa1.html
http://www.mdanderson.org/diseases/colorectal/display.cfm?id=80b56700-7f3d-11d4-aec800508bdcce3a&method=displayfull

No comments: