Wednesday, February 20, 2008

JUICY HEALTH

Sign-up for the weekly newsletter digest that is packed with the latest news in healthy living, you need this resource interactive
write to me at webriter@verizon.net or mark_my_bailey@yahoo.com.
*********************JUICY HEALTH******************
There is a real need for raw foods in our diets fresh veggie juices are great for this, they help add back the enzymes in our diets that we normally don't get from our fast,gm,processed foods diets. Ok it's like this, read it and respond to your own betterment... We NEED ENZYMES TO DIGEST OUR FOODS!! We don't get them from cooked foods. No proper digestion- no health, we just can't assimilate our foods without digestive enzymes, but never fear, my dear, you can still get some of these lovely digestive enzymes from your pancreas, you know that nice little organ nestled by the liver that gives us insulin to keep us from being Diabetics? One small problem however, our poor over-worked pancreas only has a finite amount of digestive enzymes to give us when we eat too much cooked foods, then it's curtains, Bub, you just get sicker and sicker, then you die.

juice mix,celery,cilantro,bok choy, carrots,tomatoes

But, if we eat lots of fresh yummy locally grown vegetables and fruits [well, diabetics can eat too much fruits], we can regain a robust and vigorous health.

Dr. Nicholas Perricone, in his book THE PERRICONE PROMISE, says the brighter and more colorful the vegetables and fruits are that we eat, the better our health improvements can be and the healthier we can expect to feel.

He says: There are three standouts in the super-antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, positive-peptide-boosting arena, these are Pomegranates, Broccoli, sprouts, and blueberries.

The Green veggies are for cancer prevention, especially broccoli. Blue ones are for better balance and brain function: blueberries. He also mentions an array of other wonderful fresh foods with their various attributes, I totally recommend reading this book.

Back to juicing:
(1)
Vegetable juice does not raise insulin levels like fruit juice. The only exception to this would be carrot or beet juice which function similarly to fruit juice. Nevertheless, fruit juicing is certainly better for you and your children than drinking soda, which is a very bad idea.
Many of us have relatively compromised intestines as a result of poor food choices over many years. This limits our bodies' ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables and juicing tends to facilitate this absorption.
Also, vegetable juicing allows you to eat more of the vegetables than you normally would otherwise. By incorporating the juice into your healing diet, you will easily be able to reach the roughly 1 pound of raw vegetables per 50 pounds of body weight that is generally recommended we should eat every day.


HERE IS A SAMPLE OF SOME GOOD COMBINATIONS FOR JUICING:
(2)
You can test the following combinations or create your own:
Carrots, parsley and celery
Carrots, cucumber and celery
Carrots, spinach and kale
Carrots, wheat grass and kale
Carrots and small amounts of garlic, onion and ginger
Tomato, cucumber parsley, celery and broccoli
Tomato, green pepper, celery, cucumber, parsley and a bit of sea salt


My favorite one is celery, carrots,bokchoy and cilantro, sometimes I'll toss a Jalapeno pepper in there for a nice piquant flavor.

Here is a partial list of good juicing veggies:
- carrots - beets -daikon -radishes -FRESH celery (root and greens), -ginger, garlic, cayenne -wheat grass, barley grass, dinkel grass -parsley (root and greens)
- dark green vegetables -kale -cucumber -pepper -dandelions, I like the leafy bits of celery for the bitterness, and bok choy being a cruciferous vegetable is also good.



JUICERS
There are auger types and top feeds, mine is a cheap Oster easy to clean but probably won't last long the way I use it.

The Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL, is considered the best, but it costs nearly $300.00.

There are lots of juicers out there, investigate, because some are really not that pricey and will still get you in the ballpark.

I have been taking my CellPower™ because for one thing it does have lots of digestive enzymes in it.

Also: SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.
I also eat, one of the best fats for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight.
~coconut oil


*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


~~~Jokes And inspirations~~~
We're not lost. We're locationally challenged.
-- John M. Ford

You can't find any true closeness in Hollywood,
because everybody does the fake closeness so well.
-- Carrie Fisher

Fortune can, for her pleasure, fools advance,
And toss them on the wheels of Chance.
-- Juvenal

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
-- Phyllis Diller

~~~
Diagnosis
"You've got a touch of pneumonia," said the medical officer after examining the new enlistee.
"Are you sure, sir?" queried one worried man. "I have known people in civilian life to be told they have pneumonia but then to die of something quite different."
"You are not in civilian life, Samson. You're in the Army!" thundered the medical officer. "And if you get treated in the Army for pneumonia, you die of pneumonia."

~~~

Behaviorist Solution
Joe has been seeing a psychoanalyst for four years for treatment of the fear that he had monsters under his bed.
It had been years since he had gotten a good night's sleep. Furthermore, his progress was very poor, and he knew it. So, one day he stops seeing the psychoanalyst and decides to try something different.
A few weeks later, Joe's former psychoanalyst meets his old client in the supermarket, and is surprised to find him looking well-rested, energetic, and cheerful.
"Doc!" Joe says, "It's amazing! I'm cured!"
"That's great news!" the psychoanalyst says. "You seem to be doing much better. How?"
"I went to see another doctor," Joe says enthusiastically, "and he cured me in just ONE session!" "One?!" the psychoanalyst asks incredulously.
"Yeah," continues Joe, "my new doctor is a behaviorist." "A behaviorist?" the psychoanalyst asks. "How did he cure you in one session?"
"Oh, easy," says Joe. "He told me to cut the legs off of my bed."
~~~
Placing Your Order
A friend and I were standing in line at a fast-food restaurant, waiting to place our order.
There was a big sign posted. "No bills larger than $20 will be accepted."
The woman in front of us, pointing to the sign, remarked, "Believe me, if I HAD a bill larger than $20, I wouldn't be eating here."
~~~
Mental Release
A man who had been in a mental home for some years finally seemed to have improved to the point where it was thought he might be released.
The head of the institution, in a fit of commendable caution, decided, however, to interview him first.
"Tell me," said he, "if we release you, as we are considering doing, what do you intend to do with your life?'
The inmate said, "It would be wonderful to get back to real life and if I do, I will certainly refrain from making my former mistake. I was a nuclear physicist, you know, and it was the stress of my work in weapons research that helped put me here. If I am released, I shall confine myself to work in pure theory, where I trust the situation will be less difficult and stressful."
"Marvelous," said the head of the institution.
"Or else," ruminated the inmate. "I might teach. There is something to be said for spending one's life in bringing up a new generation of scientists."
"Absolutely," said the head.
"Then again, I might write. There is considerable need for books on science for the general public. Or I might even write a novel based on my experiences in this fine institution."
"An interesting possibility," said the head.
"And finally, if none of these things appeals to me, I can always continue to be a teakettle."
~~~
Do You Have The Time
A man is strolling past the mental hospital and suddenly remembers an important meeting.
Unfortunately, his watch has stopped, and he cannot tell if he is late or not. Then, he notices a patient similarly strolling about within the hospital fence.
Calling out to the patient, the man says, "Pardon me, sir, but do you have the time?"
The patient calls back, "One moment!" and throws himself upon the ground, pulling out a short stick as he does. He pushes the stick into the ground, and, pulling out a carpenter's level, assures himself that the stick is vertical.
With a compass, the patient locates north and with a steel ruler, measures the precise length of the shadow cast by the stick.
Withdrawing a slide rule from his pocket, the patient calculates rapidly, then swiftly packs up all his tools and turns back to the pedestrian, saying, "It is now precisely 3:29 pm, provided today is August 16th, which I believe it is."
The man can't help but be impressed by this demonstration, and sets his watch accordingly.
Before he leaves, he says to the patient, "That was really quite remarkable, but tell me, what do you do on a cloudy day, or at night, when the stick casts no shadow?" The patient holds up his wrist and says, "I suppose I'd just look at my watch."
~~~
Dumb Criminal
A man walked into a Circle-K (a convenience store similar to a 7-11), put a $20 bill on the counter and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided.
The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer? Fifteen dollars.
~~~
Cannibal Food
Two cannibals meet one day. The first cannibal says, "You know, I just can't seem to get a tender missionary. I've baked 'em, I've roasted 'em, I've stewed 'em, I've barbequed 'em, I've even tried every sort of marinade. I just cannot seem to get them tender."
The second cannibal asks, "What kind of missionary do you use?"
The other replied, "You know, the ones that hang out at that place at the bend of the river. They have those brown cloaks with a rope around the waist and their sort of bald on top with a funny ring of hair on their heads."
"Ah ha!" he replies. "No wonder.. those are friars!"
~~~
My blessing for you for today is that you will find your own best health solutions, you will live with a bounty of healthful meals and a resultant blessed and long life.

sources
(1)http://www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health.htm
(2)http://curezone.com/foods/juices.html

No comments: