Saturday, February 2, 2008

----THE REST OF THE STORY

Sign-up for the weekly newsletter digest that is packed with the latest news in healthy living, you need this resource interactive
write to me at webriter@verizon.net or mark_my_bailey@yahoo.com.
**************THE REST OF THE STORY*******************************
I used to hunt thru' old books on herbal cures and newer publications for hints of old remedies.

I'd get junk mail with headlines like:
~LOWER YOUR BLOOD SUGAR WITH A COMMON HERB FROM YOUR CUPBOARD.see pg 345
~WHAT OLD-FASHIONED 'MEDICINE' WILL GET RID OF THOSE ACHES AND PAINS? see page 421
~LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL LEVELS WITH THESE EASY TO TAKE COMMON FOODS.see page 112

Now all of those are a come-on to get you to buy their book, but I'll tell you how to do all of those things for free and give you the whole story, because none of those things are a real cure, they are mere hints of tiny helps to point you in the right direction to getting healthy. No, I didn't say healthier, I said Healthy, AND IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

First to answer the three questions from the junk mail, it is cinnamon, cod lover oil, Garlic and onions. But There is so much more to tell about each one, it's not just sprinkle a bitty bit of cinnamon on your morning toast, for instance, it requires about a teaspoon. And make sure your cinnamon is pure. Your body won't thank you for loading up on pesticide-laden spices, nor Genetically modified foods or, highly processed ones, If your cinnamon has been cooked or irradiated it might be worthless......

Here is anther tip for lowering blood glucose, I juice three stalks of celery per day it really takes the blood sugar levels down quickly. I eat a protein breakfast with an apple snack so I'm balancing my food groups without a lot of counting and bother, I'm doing a lo-carb, emphasis on raw veggie/fruits. I'm doing a purifying diet this week so we'll see how it goes. I know I feel so much better eating very little, I also know I may be terribly hungry but it's only a week, but then it might stretch out more....

I hear people [oh yes and myself] wingeing about oh I'll miss my "this food" or "that food", "I can't give up my pizza." "I love sweets way too much to quit eating cake[insert your favorite here]". "I just can't go without my MSG laden foods, they taste so good."

But we [yes, I include myself in this] can make this decision. Will I cut down on the bad stuff, even cut it out to live? Will I rather be puking my guts up and running to the bathroom with diarrhea every few minutes with Chemo-therapy or radiation as I watch my self slip away,[oh no, it's not a pleasant death I assure you] or see my body turn into one huge pain factory? Would I rather spend my last five years drooling on myself at the mercy of strangers in a wheel chair?

My parents [both sets] died after prolonged illnesses [prolonged means it took a
lo-o-ong time to die BTW] they all had Cancer, my adoptive parents and my birth/step parents in great pain and heartache. My step-father hurt so bad the last few weeks he cried constantly. My birth mother, who was also diabetic and had refused to deal properly with her diabetes [her home was filled with candy goodies, when I cleaned it up after she died] lay in a hospital bed surrounded by filth, [a bad nursing home] she finally contracted MRSA, was too weak to fight it and knew nothing but pain her final five weeks. She had wizened up to a tiny frail bald thing, in her bed the last time I saw her.

So, here's the thing. Either we accept that life is worth living, oh; and the healthier food actually tastes better when you've lost the toxins from the
modern-diet foods,and we make a change towards healthier foods, and the change can be as gradual as you'd like; depending on, of course how sick you really are.

Diabetic help
(1)
=>Eating in a way that balances your blood sugar, reduces inflammation and oxidative stress, and improves your liver detoxification is the key to preventing and reversing insulin resistance and diabetes.

=>It is a way of eating that includes anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxifying foods. It includes plenty of omega-3 fats and olive oil, beans, nuts, and seeds.

=>All these foods help prevent and reverse diabetes and insulin resistance. This is the way of eating than turns on all the right gene messages, promotes a healthy metabolism, and prevents aging and age-related diseases like diabetes and heart disease.

Here are more specifics.

Meal Timing

Eat protein for breakfast every day, such as whole omega-3 eggs, a soy protein shake, or nut butters
Eat something every 4 hours to keep your insulin and glucose levels normal
Eat small protein snacks in the morning and afternoon, such as a handful of almonds
Finish eating at least 2 to 3 hours before bed. If you have a snack earlier in the day, you won’t be as hungry, even if you eat a little later

Meal Composition

=>Controlling the glycemic load of your meals is very important
You can do this by combining adequate protein, fats, and whole-food carbohydrates from vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, and fruit at every meal or snack
It is most important to avoid eating quickly absorbed carbohydrates alone, as they raise your sugar and insulin levels

Travel Suggestions

=>Two handfuls of almonds in a zip-lock bag make a useful emergency snack. You can eat them with a piece of fruit. Remember, real food is the best.
Choose from a variety of the following real, whole foods:

=>Choose organic produce and animal products whenever possible.

=>Eat high-quality protein, such as fish -- especially fatty, cold-water fish like salmon, sable, small halibut, herring, and sardines -- and shellfish.
Cold-water fish such as salmon, halibut, and sable contain an abundance of beneficial essential fatty acids, omega-3 oils that reduce inflammation. Smaller wild Alaskan salmon, sable, and halibut that are low in toxins. Canned wild salmon is a great “emergency” food.
Eat up to eight [omega-3] eggs a week.

=>Create meals that are high in low-glycemic legumes such as lentils, chickpeas These foods slow the release of sugars into the bloodstream, which helps prevent the excess insulin release that can lead to health concerns like obesity, high blood pressure, and heart problems.

=>Eat a cornucopia of fresh fruits and vegetables teeming with phytonutrients like carotenoids, flavonoids, and polyphenols, which are associated with a lower incidence of nearly all health problems, including obesity and age-related disease.

=>Eat more low-glycemic vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, kale, spinach, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts.

=>Berries, cherries, peaches, plums, rhubarb, pears, and apples are optimal fruits. Cantaloupes and other melons, grapes, and kiwifruit are suitable; however, they contain more sugar. You can use organic frozen berries (such as those from Cascadian Farms) in your protein shakes.

=>Focus on anti-inflammatory foods, including wild fish and other sources of omega-3 fats, red and purple berries (these are rich in polyphenols), dark green leafy vegetables, orange sweet potatoes, and nuts.

=>Eat more antioxidant-rich foods, including orange and yellow vegetables, dark green leafy vegetables (kale, collards, spinach, etc.), anthocyanidins (berries, beets, grapes, pomegranate), purple grapes, blueberries, bilberries, cranberries, and cherries. In fact, antioxidants are in all colorful fruits and vegetables.

=>Include detoxifying foods in your diet, such as cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, collards, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, and Chinese broccoli), green tea, watercress, dandelion greens, cilantro, artichokes, garlic, citrus peels, pomegranate, and even cocoa.

=>Season your food with herbs such as rosemary, ginger, and turmeric, which are powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and detoxifiers.
Avoid excessive quantities of meat.

=>Eat lean organic or grass-fed animal products, when possible. These include eggs, beef, chicken, pork, lamb, buffalo, and ostrich.


I even was able to buy Buffalo meat at Safeway for a while. I'm hoping to raise my own chickens in the near future.

This source claimed that eating soybean products is good for you but I must demur here. see Soy; healthfood or hazard?

I personally have found I'm also sensitive to grains so I've eliminated them from my diet. Dr. Hyman recommends eating rye as it will help normalize Insulin resistance, but I ate two slices of rye toast for breakfast for years without much help, but it might be a good thing for someone else....I am on a very lo-carb diet anyway so I'm not eating any bread.

THE GOOD NEWS- You don't have to give up fat, yes, you heard it right, the scientists have it all wrong, well no trans fats for sure, but the saturated and polyunsaturated fats are realy good for you, remember the Essential fatty acids? We do need lots of it[did you know our brains are made up of mostly fat?]. Truly I kid you not. BUT eliminate all those vegetable oils they say are good for you, they are not. I use only coconut oil, and if I want a salad olive oil for dressing, [I never heat up any oil except for coconut oil], all others become toxic when heated.

I continue to take the following which are really helping me to heal:
CellPower™ to cover the basics, also
FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course
~Glutathione-the master antioxidant is a great helper to counteract many diabetic complications.
~4 essential minerals for diabetics
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.
~coconut oil


for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight.

Also I really have to give you one little miracle I know to be true: Cinnamon, but it needs to be pure and at least a teaspoon per meal to do any good. It really lowers my blood glucose levels. OH AND SO DOES CELERY, EAT LOTS OF CELERY!
*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


~~~Jokes And inspirations~~~
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a
beverage.
-- Woody Allen

There are no such things as applied sciences,
only applications of science.
-- Louis Pasteur

Advertising is the modern substitute for
argument; its function is to make the worse appear the
better.
-- George Santayana

How much easier it is to be critical than to be
correct.
-- Benjamin Disraeli,
~~~
**inspiration**
GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin. My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.
He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, "Are you there, God?" he said. "Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed..."
I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.
He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2); there are few ways in which he is an adult.
He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.
I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life?
Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni and cheese for dinner, and later to bed.
The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.
He does not seem dissatisfied.
He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work.
He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.
And Saturdays - oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. "That one's goin' to Chi-car-go!" Kevin shouts as he claps his hands.
His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.
And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips.
He doesn't know what it means to be discontent.
His life is simple.
He will never know the entanglements of wealth of power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.
His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it.
He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.
He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure.
He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.
Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.
Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an "educated" person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.
In my moments of doubt and frustrations with my Christianity I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith.
It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions.
It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap. I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care.
Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.
And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.
Kevin won't be surprised at all!
~~~
CATHOLIC HORSES

One day while he was at the track playing the ponies and all but losing his shirt, Mitch noticed a priest who stepped out onto the track and blessed the forehead of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.
Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.
Before the next race, as the horses began lining up, Mitch watched with interest the old priest step onto the track. Sure enough, as the 5th race horses came to the starting gate the priest made a blessing on the forehead of one of the horses.
Mitch made a beeline for a betting window and placed a small bet on the horse. Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse the priest had blessed won the race.
Mitch collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which horse the priest would bless for the 6th race. The priest again blessed a horse.
Mitch bet big on it, and it won. Mitch was elated. As the races continued the priest kept blessing long shot horses, and each one ended up coming in first.
Bye and bye, Mitch was pulling in some serious money. By the last race, he knew his wildest dreams were going to come true. He made a quick dash to the ATM, withdrew all his savings, and awaited the priest's blessing that
would tell him which horse to bet on.
True to his pattern, the priest stepped onto the track for the last race and blessed the forehead of an old nag that was the longest shot of the day. Mitch also observed the priest blessing the eyes, ears, and hooves of the old nag.
Mitch knew he had a winner and bet every cent he owned on the old nag. He then watched dumbfounded as the old nag come in dead last. Mitch, in a state of shock, made his way down to the track area where the priest was.
Confronting the old priest he demanded, "Father! What happened? All day long you blessed horses and they all won. Then in the last race, the horse you blessed lost by a Kentucky mile. Now, thanks to you I've lost every cent of my savings - all of it!".
The priest nodded wisely and with sympathy. "Son," he said, "that's the problem with you Protestants, you can't tell the difference between a simple blessing and last rites."
~~~
Ancient Artifact?

A little boy opened the big and old family Bible with fascination, looking at the old pages as he turned them. Then something fell out of the Bible and he picked up and looked at it closely. It was an old leaf from a tree. The leaf had been pressed in between pages. "Momma, look what I found", the boy called out. "What have you got there, dear?" his mother asked. With astonishment in the young boy's voice he answered: "It's Adam's suit!!!!!"
~~~
A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school. He didn't want his mother to walk
With him. She wanted to give him the feeling that he had some independence but yet know that he was safe.
So she had an idea of how to handle it. She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school
In the mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't notice her.
The neighbor said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.
The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor boy he knew. She did this for the whole week.
As the boys walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's little friend noticed the same lady was following them as she seemed to do every day all week. Finally he said to Timmy, "Have you noticed that lady following us to school all week? Do you know her?"
Timmy nonchalantly replied, "Yeah, I know who she is."
The friend said, "Well, who is she?"
"That's just Shirley Goodnest," Timmy replied, "and her daughter Marcy."
" Shirley Goodnest? Who the heck is she and why is she following us? "
"Well," Timmy explained, "every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much. And in the Psalm, it says, ' Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me all the days of my
Life, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it!"
~~~
I wish you a day filled with sunshine and inexplicable joy, a Healthy life and happy family.


SOURCES
(1)http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog/type-2-diabetes,

No comments: