write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*************EATING FOR BETTER HEALTH****************
<>First buy better foods
I prefer not to have foods in my home to tempt so this is what I buy to eat: Fresh veggies, grown locally if possibly; no Genetically modified products, no, processed foods [yes, I'm glad I can read a label but I don't buy any food with a label, fruits and vegetables are best it's best to eat foods in the cruciferous* family but all brightly colored produce is recommended.
Eating foods with an alkalizing pH really helps reduce inflammation see why and for food lists Acid alkaline revisited
<>Second Cooking better for healthy meals
Most vegetables can be eaten raw, and for better enzyme production raw is best. If you must cook them lightly steam them, a bit of lemon juice will bring out the lovely colors.For meats it is recommended that for reduced Acrylamide production cook slowly on low heats. see Acrylamides in our foods.
<>Eating for better health
Chewing our foods thoroughly is best to mix the bits of food well with the enzymes our body makes to aid our digestion. for more information see: Mastication; A frank discussion A good rule of thumb on the kinds of things to eat is: 1/3 raw, 70% alkalizing, mostly non-inflammatory foods see: A great list to tell you which are the best foods [and a list of the worst too] to keep you pain-free and feeling better It is recommended that we eat less meat and much more vegetables and fruits. Do not wash foods down with any liquids, Avoid caffeine, soda pop [do a search on how bad every ingredient in it is: It ruins health]
<>A few odd bits for more healthy living.
~Rid the house of breathable toxins, find out what is out there that is harmful and avoid it.Toxicity and obesity
~eliminate all grains
~eat nothing with High Fructose Corn Syrup or MSG
~drink purified water. tap water includes all the medications other people take, it stays in our water supply
~eat moderate amounts of foods
~add nuts and seeds to the diet for a filling & Nutritious snack
~Avoid all sweetners especially 'Killer White Sugar' and Aspartame, although Molasses and Raw honey do have some benefits.
~eat organically fed and non-chemically enhanced meats.
~wild caught fish is best
~wild game is better than feed lot meat.
~Due to the depleted soils and compromised I strongly recommend Supplementation in any areas I might be deficient in.
*cruciferous vegetables also called brassicas
kale collard greens Chinese broccoli cabbage Brussels sprouts kohlrabi
broccoli cauliflower wild broccoli bok choy mizuna Rapini (broccoli rabe) flowering cabbage chinese cabbage turnip root rutabaga Siberian kale canola/rape seeds
wrapped heart mustard seeds, tatsoi Ethiopian mustard radish horseradish
Real wasabi rocket garden cress
Personally I adore broccoli and rutabegas and hate Kale, my daughter loves Kohlrabi , I'm sure you'll find something to fall in love with on this list
I am taking CellPower™, because it helps me to maintain a healthy Alkaline pH in my body, it adds enzymes I might not be getting adequate amounts of, and helps keep my immune system beefed up because it is anti-bacterial, anti-viral- and anti-fungal.
I am also taking many minerals, and Omega-3's:
FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course
~Glutathione-the master antioxidant is a great helper to counteract many diabetic complications.
~4 essential minerals for diabetics
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.
for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight.
Also I really have to give you one little miracle I know to be true: Cinnamon, but it needs to be pure and at least a teaspoon per meal to do any good. It really lowers my blood glucose levels. OH AND SO DOES CELERY, EAT LOTS OF CELERY!
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
-----THE GARDEN GNOME
~~~Jokes And inspirations~~~
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse
Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow
I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so
little hope for advancement.
-- Charles M. Schulz, (Snoopy)
The only function of economic forecasting is to
make astrology look respectable.
-- John Kenneth Galbraith
How To Become a Blues Musician
1. Most Blues begin "Woke up this mornin'..."
2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you
stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with
the meanest face in town."
3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it.
Then find something that rhymes... sort of: "Got a good woman with the
meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in
town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pound."
4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a
ditch - ain't no way out.
5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues
don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues
transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft
and state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays
a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults
sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the
electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place
in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just
clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the
best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place
that don't get rain.
8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male
pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg cause you were skiing is not the
blues. Breaking your leg 'cause a alligator be chomping on it is.
9. You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting
is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
10. Good places for the Blues:
c. empty bed
d. bottom of a whiskey glass
Bad places for the Blues:
b. gallery openings
c. Ivy League institutions
d. golf courses
11. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you
happen to be a old ethnic person, and you slept in it.
12. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if:
a. you older than dirt
b. you blind
c. you shot a man in Memphis
d. you can't be satisfied
a. you have all your teeth
b. you were once blind but now can see
c. the man in Memphis lived
d. you have a 401K or trust fund
13. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.
14. If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the Blues.
Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
a. cheap wine
b. whiskey or bourbon
c. muddy water
d. nasty black coffee
The following are NOT Blues beverages:
d. Slim Fast
15. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues
death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to
die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a
broken down cot.
You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while
16. Some Blues names for women:
b. Big Mama
d. Fat River Dumpling
17. Some Blues names for men:
c. Little Willie
d. Big Willie
18. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can't
sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
19. Make your own Blues name Starter Kit:
a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit: Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, etc.)
c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)
Blind Lime Jefferson,
Jakeleg Lemon Johnson or
Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")
20. I don't care how tragic your life -- if you own a computer, you
cannot sing the blues.
21. People with the Blues eat barbecue, corn bread, beans, and their
22. Good blues instruments: guitar, slide trombone, saxophone, trumpet, and
23. Bad blues instruments: everything else, especially the oboe, French
horn, and viola.
24. You got the blues if you have lumbago or a bad back. You don't have
the blues if you have a mental disorder ending in "syndrome."
25. Black Jack is a good blues game. Keno is not a good blues game.
26. Blues jobs include working on the railroad, picking cotton, musician, or just got fired.
27. Blues animals include the junkyard dog and mule (not donkey).
28. Epitaph on a blues musician's tombstone: "I didn't wake up this morning"
My blessing for today is that I wish you enlightenment, healthy self-esteem and a long healthy life.