Tuesday, September 4, 2007

SOMETHIN'S GOTTA GIVE!

I think I may have bit off a bit more than I can adequately chew this summer.
~I added more garden beds, all of it needs watering and weeding, then we had a drought and I had that much more to tend to.
~I started several bonsai trees this year and while they aren't much work they need some tending also.
~I started this blog and I love writing so it's no chore but it does take some time.
~This year I also started writing devotionals again, and It's not a chore either but it does require some extra studying and a bit of time.
~This week I started making the office desk armoire I've always wanted and could never find the right one of, so it's taking up some time away from writing.

I am feeling fat again, so I decided to skip lunch and keep my blood sugar way down.

I headed into the shop to work on my armoire, I cut the bottom of the cabinet off and the top of the dresser. See pix below.

Then I added trim to the bottom of the truncated dresser, I even used some of the trim I took from the very large cabinet bottom part [the part that I discarded]. I took the knobs from the dresser drawers and made them little bun feet for the bottom of the dresser part. I intend to marry the top of the cabinet to the top of the dresser. I had to build in an interimediate section in the center of the whole assembly to put in a slide for my keyboard.

The cabinet had three drawers in it [don't worry they found good homes in my shop for ....stuff! I slide them in shelving units for hidden storage]which I removed, took the center 'shelf' that goes under the drawers; out also, and now I have room for my monitor, computer, some side storage room and a shelf on top for my books and knicky-tackies.

I have so little room for my office and somehow there are about a trillion items that HAVE to be stored in my 'office' [a corner of our small dining room.]

Previously I built a storage desk next to my Sauder put-together-yourself little pc desk. I took two small cabinets that are 3' tall and narrow, they are the front 'legs' I then installed a triangular piece of plywood with a curve cut into the front. It stands in the corner of the room and my pc desk is next to it, The desk is messy and I need doors to block off the mess if and when people stop by, Also I just Ahem.... wanted to see if I could do it.

So, I got these two pieces given to me, I bought four new knobs for $1.29 each, and some black spray paint to paint the two other knobs I already had to match, I was given the paint also, so my entire investment, not counting gas, electricity used to run the power tools, and my time has been a grand total of $6.39.

I finished building the center part made to resemble a top drawer, but actually flops down so I can slide my keyboard out, it sorta looks like a sectretary desk front, and did all the sanding and painting today, tomorrow I'll 'antique' it with a gold wash, and install the knobs, then it's just getting everything out of the room and installing the new desk.

All this just to tell you why I haven't been writing as many blog entries lately.

see the before pix:
This is the cabinet:


Here is the dresser:

Here is the extra storage desk that's next to my com-puter desk

And here is my current desk:
see what I meant by messy?

On the new armoire; I painted the base color a grey value pale green the top wash will be gold.

I'll publish the finished result.
Don't forget CellPower™
cellpower~natural cures,natural alternative medicine,body rescue alkalizing,most alkalizing,alkalizing drops,body ph health<br />natural healing,cell health,oxygenate,cellpower,detoxify
and
coconut oil


to help lose weight.



Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, although if you must put me down read the Whole blog first!
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


~~~~Jokes And inspiration~~~~
After returning to the building site from purchasing supplies at the local hardware shop, the foreman addressed his workmen and delegated the day's duties.

"Tom, take Jim and Chris down and finish digging out the drainage ditch. Bill, keep running the electricity leads, and Wong, you're in charge of the supplies."

The men went about their designated duties, and it wasn't until some hours later that the foreman realized that the supplies were still in the back of the truck. Not seeing Wong anywhere around, the foreman went in search of his wayward worker.

Just as the foreman had given up hope, Wong jumped out from behind a drum and yelled, "SUPPLIES!"
~~~
Three professors (a physicist, a chemist and a statistician) are called in to see their dean. Just as they arrive the dean is called out of his office, leaving the three professors there. The professors see with alarm that there is a fire in the wastebasket.

The physicist says, "I know what to do! We must cool down the materials until their temperature is lower than the ignition temperature and then the fire will go out."

The chemist says, "No! No! I know what to do! We must cut off the supply of oxygen so that the fire will go out due to lack of one of the reactants."

While the physicist and chemist debate what course to take, they both are alarmed to see the statistician running around the room starting other fires. They both scream, "What are you doing?"

To which the statistician replies, "Trying to get an adequate sample size."

~~~
Five-year-old Becky answered the door when the census taker came by.

She told the census taker that her daddy wasn't home because he was a doctor and was performing an appendectomy.

"My," said the census taker, "that sure is a big word for such a little girl. Do you know what it means?"

"Sure! Fifteen hundred bucks, and that doesn't even include the anesthesiologist!"
~~~
Finally, some words of wisdom ...

You only get out of something what you ...see in the picture on the box.

Don't put off till tomorrow what ...you put on to go to bed.

A penny saved is ... not much.
~~~

1. Try everything twice. On Madams tombstone (of Whelan's and Madam) she said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice...loved it both times!

2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches;)

3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name can be Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things. The breeze on your cheek, a second cup of coffee outside, listening to the birds sing, every sunset you can see...

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
~~~

Have a great, healthy and Blessed day.

No comments: