Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HURRY-UP DISEASE, McLIFE UNDER PRESSURE

hurry, Hurry, I can't wait
and now, OH NO! I'm running late,
can't even stop to think things through,
AND SCARED TO SLOW, OH WHAT TO DO?
It results in road rage, violent reactions to small annoyances, wild errors of judgement, and other rudenesses. It's also very unhealthy.
One day as I was working at a snail's pace job, I decided to get lunch and do my banking at the same time. I rushed over to the bank and was not first in line for the ATM, I finally got the envelope, filled it out adding my [at least signed] check and at the last second [hurried, and self-harried] I tucked in a hundred dollar bill I was given to help me out, and ...forgot to add it to my totals or the deposit slip!
Oh I had the deposit receipt, FOR THE WRONG AMOUNT. I gobbled some fried fast-food lunch and rushed back to a job where no one minded if I'd been late a bit or not. Later that night I realized what I'd done. The next day I called and found out my check [only] had been credited to my account. I later called and got the whole situation fixed, but with all that hurrying, stress had broken out on me like pimples before prom night, my stomach hurt and I was so sick.

I was terribly afflicted with hurry-up, but that day I had to start s-l-o-w-i-n-g d-o-w-n. I had to or I'd make another expensive mistake. And the next time I might not be able to fix it.

I learned to stop when stuff got to be too much and take huge breaths holding them and letting it out slowly, to stop and think, to rest and just be...

Oh I forget from time to time, because I thrive on multi-tasking, I hate being still, being quiet, doing only one thing at a time, but I have to be slow. and it's an effort.

There is another story of a lady, Dorothy, who had a terrible infection inside her hands, they itched, as she said, "Way down in her bone marrow." she scratched until her hands were raw, she couldn't wash dishes or bathe without gloves on her hands, She took medication after medication, and the relief was transitory. Then she finally learned her infection was fungal in nature that fed on the tissues beneath the skin. Armed with this knowledge she knew suddenly what she needed to do. she quit feeding the fungus. She fasted for three days at a time to cut off the food supply. She knew even though she wasn't getting much relief from the itching that she was on the right path.

(1)
The lesson, of course, is clear. We, too, must persevere in the ways of health. At any time, Dorothy might have chosen the ways of drugging to relieve the immediate pain. Like so many others, she too could have soothed away the pain and the discomfort with products of the chemist's art, those "instant relief" pills and potions. It would have been so easy, so quick; but Dorothy had learned that drugs only appear to give health, that they present only a false facade.
When we are very young, our bodies are filled to overflowing with vital energy, the return to health may occur with amazing speed; but when we are older, the return may be elusive and taunt us with its tantalizing slowness, as was true in Dorothy's case. But, regardless of our age and our condition, we must remain steadfast in our goal to attain superior health. We must persevere in the ways of health. We must not be victims of the "hurry-up" disease!



I can' wait at the stop sign, I tap my foot at the slowness of my computer even with DSL, I whisper hurry hurry hurry at the snail pace of the rest of the world. It's called Time urgency impatience, and it seems the whole world has it.

(2)
"Time urgency impatience is what physicians call this chronic sense of pressure, and it’s become an epidemic among multitasking Americans. We log more hours at work than citizens of any other industrialized nation, and 40 percent of us drink three or more caffeinated beverages a day just to keep up the pace. That helps explain why more than half our adult population experience significant stress regularly and get less than the eight hours of sleep needed for good health and optimum performance.
“We have a deeply neurotic and dysfunctional relationship with time,” says Carl Honore, author of In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement Is Challenging the Cult of Speed. “Benjamin Franklin said ‘time is money,’ and we don’t want it wasted or stolen. We put quantity ahead of quality and internalize an inner psychology of speed that values saving time and maximizing efficiency.”
It’s our health that pays the price. Time urgency impatience has been associated with a nearly twofold increase in hypertension, and it’s one of the traits that make Type A’s twice as likely as mellower Type B’s to develop heart disease. According to a report in the Journal of the American Medical Association, about 42 percent of young adults suffer from potentially risky levels of TUI, with high levels more common among women and Caucasians. “My guess is that TUI is on the rise,” says study author Lijing L. Yan, Ph.D., M.P.H."


Here are some slow-down strategies that will put time back on your side:

(3)
"TRYING TO DECELERATE in a hit-the-gas world isn’t easy...
1. Set priorities. Make a conscious decision about what you consider important, and let your schedule (and your attitude) reflect your intentions. For example, if relationships and health are high on your list, turn off the TV to free up time for taking walks with friends.
2. Do one thing at a time. When you multi task, it becomes impossible to concentrate, feel deeply, or think clearly. “Doing two or more things at the same time splits our consciousness in two or more ways,” observes meditation teacher Eknath Easwaran.
3. Wake up right. “Set your alarm clock early, but don’t get up when it rings,” suggests Paul Pearsall, Ph.D., author of The Last Self-Help Book You’ll Ever Need: Repress Your Anger, Think Negatively, Be a Good Blamer, & Throttle Your Inner Child. “Lie there a few minutes and practice the savoring response: Think about who and what is worth getting up for and the privilege of being awake in such a rushed yet wonderful world.”
4. Take off your watch. “People hurry up when they see a clock, which is why stores don’t have clocks–they want us to linger,” says Honore, who experiences less anxiety since he unstrapped his own watch. Because there are clocks everywhere–in cars and on cellphones and computers–he’s still punctual, but no longer feels like a slave to time. Test this yourself by going “watch-free” on evenings and weekends.
5. Listen to relaxing music. “Your body synchronizes to the rhythms around you,” says psychologist Sharon Heller, Ph.D., author of Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight. Look for music that’s paced to a relaxed heartbeat, about 60 beats per minute.
6. Resist road rage, “See every traffic jam as a meditation assignment,” Pearsall advises. There are few better opportunities to practice positive thinking and forgiveness or perform your deep-breathing exercises.
7. Find your center. Techniques such as meditation and yoga allow you to access patience. “Practices that bring you into stillness and quiet turn off the stress response,” says Peg Bairn, N.P., director of training at the Mind-Body Medical Institute, and an associate in medicine at Harvard Medical School. “They help you recharge your batteries and come back into alignment with who you really are.”


Along with TUI comes self-judgement that can only result in depression or worse. Give yourself a break, let yourself fail, and be gentle with it, Why? Failure isn't the end of the world, it's the beginning. Now you know at least one thing that doesn't work, you can begin to strategize into finding the right thing to do. I used to rush to fix my mistakes, they were something to quickly bury and forget, but now I must see that they are a good thing, a cherished step towards perfection. so what if other's find out, they don't know your process, they only look for results and push their own insecurities off on you to cover their mistakes. We are not responsible for someone Else's mental health we can only serve by example.

My slow recovery has been aided in huge ways by CellPower™ cellpower~natural cures,natural alternative medicine,body rescue alkalizing,most alkalizing,alkalizing drops,body ph health<br />natural healing,cell health,oxygenate,cellpower,detoxify. But in truth it has really accelerated my recovery, I've never felt this good, this happy due in large part to the CellPower™ and the dieting. I'm in this race to win, not instantly, but soon. I look and feel so much younger than I have in many many years. I have a ways to go, I'm not completely on top, but like Dorothy above, I know I'm on the right track towards eliminating diabetes, getting well, losing weight, looking younger, and feeling robust, vigorous health even into my old age. I have no intention of being a drooling, silent wheelchair sitter I see at the nursing home.

FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course FLAX SEED OIL is also a great source of omega-3 essential fatty acids.

The biggest changes for the better hit me after I started taking CellPower™ cellpower~natural cures,natural alternative medicine,body rescue alkalizing,most alkalizing,alkalizing drops,body ph health<br />natural healing,cell health,oxygenate,cellpower,detoxify with it's cellular oxygenating power, the pH adjustment and bacterial/viral/fungal control has really CHANGED MY LIFE! In fact the fungus Dorothy was battling is helped by cellpower. In fact it can be used full-strength under the toe nails to alleviate the under-nail infections.

The coconut oil

is also great for cooking and losing weight.

I'm not going for controlling Diabetes, I'm going for reversal and having it GONE!

Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


~~~~Jokes And inspirations~~~~
We don't know a millionth of one percent about
anything.
-- Thomas A. Edison

You can't make up anything anymore. The world
itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording
it.
-- Art Buchwald

You can discover what your enemy fears most by
observing the means he uses to frighten you.
-- Eric Hoffer

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to
others that in the end we become disguised to
ourselves.
-- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

~~~
A woman named Shirley was from Beverly Hills. One day, she had a heart attack and was taken to Cedars Sinai hospital. While on the operating table, she had a near-death experience. She saw God and asked, "Is this it?" God said, "No, you have another 30 to 40 years to live." Upon her recovery, she decided to stay in the hospital and have collagen shots, cheek implants, a face lift, liposuction and breast augmentation. She even had someone dye her hair. She figured since she had another 30 to 40 years, she might as well make the most of it. She walked out of Cedars Sinai lobby after the last operation and was killed by an ambulance speeding up to the hospital. She arrived in front of God and said, "I thought you said I had another 30 to 40 years?" God replied, "Shirley! I didn't recognize you!"

~~~
A pirate was talking to a "land-lubber" in a bar. The land-lubber noticed that, like any self-respecting pirate, this guy had a peg leg, a hook in place of one of his hands and a patch over one eye. The land-lubber just had to find out how the pirate got in such bad shape. He asked the pirate,

"How did you loose your leg?" The pirate responded,

"I lost me leg in a battle off the coast of Jamaica!" His new acquaintance was still curious so he asked,

"What about you hand. Did you loose it at the same time?"

"No," answered the pirate. "I lost it to the sharks off the Florida Keys." Finally, the land-lubber asked,

"I notice you also have an eye patch. How did you loose your eye? The pirate answered,

"I was sleeping on a beach when a seagull flew over and pooped right in me eye." The land-lubber asked,

"How could a little seagull poop make you loose your eye?" The pirate snapped,

"It was the day after I got me hook!"
~~~
Have a great day, filled with laughter, health and Blessings


SOURCES
(1)rawfoodexplained.com/article#4:The "hurry-up disease" by Elizabeth D McCarter, D.Sc.
http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/nutrition-and-the-skin/the-hurry-up-disease.html
(2)Myselfdevelopment blog/How To Break The “Hurry Up” Disease
http://myselfdevelopment.net/index.php/2007/05/07/how-to-break-the-hurry-up-disease/
(3) IBID

No comments: