Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TIPS, TRICKS AND MY PROGRESS

First I have a tip.

<>My grandmother [from my adoptive family] was always a beautiful woman and she outlived five husbands marrying her last one in her 70's when she was still beautiful, unlined, and vital. When I was a little girl she said one of her secrets was that she never washed her face with soap. I quit using any soap on my face at about 35 and folks have always said I look much younger than others my age, in fact all my life I've been told I look younger than I 'claim to be'. Hahahaha. I've never avoided the sun I always forget the sunscreen too, but I do avoid anything with alcohol in it [face creams often contain alcohol in some form], read the labels.

<>And a little Almond oil on the tops of your cheeks will brighten the look of your eyes, and make you seem more rested.

<>brush some dark eyeshadow on your brows for a much more natural line than you can possibly ever get with liner, and brush your lower lashes with that same stiff bristled brush loades with dark eye-shadow for a wide-eyed look that will take the eye away from any sags and bags you have, and never ever use make-up liquid or powder, under your eyes[ if you have any bags or wrinkles there; it will gather in the creases and give you a haggard look.

My progress:

I have been taking cellpower for a few months now, my blood glucose levels have stayed very low and even if I cheat on my diet. I test my pH every so often and while it's not completely 'normal' that is 7.25 all the time, it stays close to that. When it's 7.25 every morning for a week I'll know I've reached my goal.

As I said yesterday I've lost another 2 pounds, I woke up yesterday feeling so light and thin, I'm not either one, but you know how some days you wake up feeling like a watermelon on legs? I didn't feel bloated or thick, just felt great! I weighed myself and sure enough, 2 pounds were just gone, and I wasn't about to go lookin' around to find them either!

Trick: recipe....
I add gobs of cinnamon to my oatmeal each morning. I make a batch of oatmeal to last 3 days, save 2/3rds of it and reheat it in my convection oven.
~~~
3 C. water on to boil, add a sprinkle of sea salt
3 scoops of 1/8 cup each of oatbran
3 scoops of 1/2 C of oatmeal and whisk it smooth, turn heat off
when it's still kind of liquid I add
3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1 large apple chopped into bite-sized chunks
mix all this together the oatmeal will thicken.

put on third into a bowl add 1 tsp of coconut oil and two large tablespoons of the best plain yogurt you can buy, and eat. The next two days take 1/2 of the leftovers and chop it up so it's not a mound, heat in the bowl in a convection oven at 425 for 20 minutes, add coconut oil, any fresh fruits I might have and yogurt, and eat!

Oatmeal may be acidic and full of carbs but I need the fiber and it's not so processed that it's not food. It works for me and my glucose levels are low and I'm losing weight. Because of the IBS I need to adjust the low carb diet to include a few carbs and sugars-Apples.

Apples by the way have recently been proven to be the health food your grandmother and great grandmothers always said they were. In addition to the pectin [fiber] in it:

(1)
WHOLE-BODY HEALTH BENEFITS
Lower blood cholesterol, improved bowel function, reduced risk of stroke, prostate cancer, type II diabetes and asthma.

The disease-fighting profile of apples provides a multitude of health benefits, including a potential decreased risk of cancer and heart disease. Several recent studies suggest apples may provide a "whole-body" health benefit.

A number of components in apples, most notably fiber and phytonutrients have been found in studies to lower blood cholesterol and improve bowel function, and may be associated with a reduced risk of ischemic heart disease, stroke, prostate cancer, type II diabetes and asthma. Preliminary research from Finland indicates diets with the highest intake of apple phytonutrients were associated with a 46 percent reduction in the incidence of lung cancer. Findings indicate that two apples a day or 12 ounces of 100% apple juice reduced the damaging effects of the “bad” LDL cholesterol.


This source also notes that one really should eat 1 apple per day to get these benefits, people generally eat one per week.

An apple per day keeps the Doctor away.

Don't forget the most important thing I'm taking:
CellPower™

AND
coconut oil




I have some more pictures today:
a picture of my new fig tree and the gladiolus that are blooming around it, I'll be planting this in my back yard, I made the stand in the garage last winter

Here is part of my hedgegarden, I was hoping to block off the view of our neighbor's ugly fence, the lattice does help
,
While I was taking the last picture I noted there was a lovely yellow butterfly visiting
,

I'm hoping the backhoe operator who is working next door will come over and yank out the remaining lilac root with his big honking machine. I'll let you know tomorrow.

~~~Inspiration~~~
What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these Questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q RS T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 78 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

AND, look how far the love of God will take you
L-O-V-E- O-F -G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close,and
Attitude will get you there, it's the Love of God that
will put you over the top!
~~~
Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.
~~

Many years ago a friend of mine called Joe worked in the coal mines. He would go to work early in the morning, go down the mine to the coal face and do his eight hour stint, then come back to the surface to get ready to come home. He followed this daily routine faithfully for years on end, down the mine in the morning and up at the end of his shift. Down then up, down then up. One day whilst he was at the coal face he swung his pick ax and the point went deep into a rock. He eventually managed to remove the pick ax from the rock, and as he did so he was engulfed in a deluge of water. He was absolutely drenched by the water, and his work mates remarked that he looked about 10 years younger since the water had covered him. They all tried to get soaked, and those that managed did indeed look 10 years younger. He, and those of his friends who had managed to get covered by the water, were thankful but they couldn't stop wondering why they had only been made to look 10 years younger. Why hadn't they been made to look 20 or 25 years younger than they really were?
It must be obvious that it was only a miner miracle.


I, too, once had a friend, Joe, who worked in the coal mines. Unfortunately, he was killed in a freak accident when some movers lost their grip on a grand piano they were transporting; the piano fell down the mine shaft and crushed Joe to death. A local composer wrote an orchestral piece in memory of Joe:
It was called "Symphony in A Flat Miner."
~~
A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his mom. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, But they are twins
if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal


A young American couple, who recently bought a large house in London, decided that their new home needed central heating. When they were told it would be impossible to install a heating system, the wife sighed and said,
"I should have known that we couldn't have archaic and heat it too."

~~~
Have a great day, may you be always blessed and your wallet always full, May you find fresh pasture and cool shade. Be blessed my friends!
write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, although if you must put me down read the Whole blog first!
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings
I nearly forgot, I've lost another 2lbs and my blood sugar is staying very low even with my diet vagaries, popcorn, tomatoes, strawberries and dark German beer.
-----THE GARDEN GNOME


SOURCES
(1)HEALTH AND NUTRITION/apples keep your family healthy
http://www.bestapples.com/healthy/index.html

No comments: