Friday, July 27, 2007

KEEPING A HEALING MINDSET

Way back on June 1st, I wrote about a healing mindset Can you believe I've written 100 entries? Whodda thunk I had that much stick-toitiveness?. That's what I wanted to talk about today.

When anyone starts a campaign of self-improvement there will be folks out there for their own reasons who want to sabotage it. My husband offers pizza for dinner and ice cream, sigh. But your friends, who like the status quo[if you get healthier they have no excuse to stay fat and flabby/sick] will find ways to tempt you off the path.

Then there are the enemies who will, out of jealousy and spite as agents of satan will question your motives and try to cause you to fail [mostly for the same reasons as your friends, it keeps them from the 'I'm sick' excuse, and just because they didn't think of it first]. Some people are just so unhappy with themselves that putting others down, in some weird way, makes them feel better about themselves.
some take all of our actions and place their own ugly motivations and project them on us.

I knew a guy like that on a language board I used to visit. He just lived in such an nasty stew he couldn't take any one else at face-value but had to project his own foul thoughts on others. I know there's that concept in the Bible, something like "Evil people see everything as evil", but I couldn't exactly find it.

Everyone I knew was a discourager.

I have a favorite song I sing as I water my garden or sew or just putter 'round the house-it's called "THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET":

"Grab your coat and get your hat, leave your worry at the doorstep
Just direct your feet to the sunny side of the street
Can't you hear that pitter pat and that happy tune is your step
Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street

I used to walk in the shade with those blues on parade
But I'm not afraid 'cause this rover, crossed over

If I never had a cent I'll be as rich as Rockfeller
Gold dust at my feet on the sunny side of the street

With those blues on parade
Because this rover, it crossed over

If I never had a cent I'll be as loaded as old Rockfeller
With that gold dust 'round my feet
On the sunny side of the street"

Only I tend to forget the words and it comes out "Direct my feet to the sunnyside of the street, Let a smile be my umbrella, I'm rich as Rockafellah....
not very tuneful, I whistle the rest.

Not long ago, Like at the beginning of this year, I woke up from a very poor sleep, every night, sick and miserable, I couldn't focus for hours, my hair was falling out, I was severely constipated, my teeth were crumbling, my breath was awful, I hated myself, I was dying, and didn't much care. What did I have to live for? I hurt ALL the time, my blood pressure and glucose fluctuated wildly, I had no energy, I was bored, horribly fat; way to fat to tie my own shoes, and it was the end, so what...

I started this diet and reversing diabetes out of spite, because I was told I couldn't make a difference[more discouragement]. In this last 7 months I've turned my life completely around, I have a much better outlook on life and I'm feeling great.

That's another thing, and probably the main thing, In order to make a change in our lives, we need to have a real resolve, we can't just be sick and tired but a goad that says, "I've had enough, and I'm not taking it anymore." Whether it's rock bottom, or some outside influence that tells us, Hey it's time to quit smoking, or it's time to lose weight...it's time to take control!

As to hitting rock bottom being the start of change, frankly I think it's less of a good reason than someone just wanting it so badly they can follow through when the times get tough.

I had no will power,I was hungry a lot, I hurt from exercising, I wanted to quit, but as the pounds slipped off and my blood glucose levels dropped, I found a new reason to keep on keeping on. With weight loss came energy and the ability to sleep again, I lost several sizes too, and I looked better, so should I stop now? NO!

But I gotta tell you chocolate is really satisfying and I have a hard time resisting that temptation, especially when after eating I'm still very hungry.

I'm taking CellPower™ because it is really topping off what I started, I'm getting better more rapidly. And of course coconut oil
. I didn't have any for a few weeks due to a back-order problem, and I even put back a few pounds, but I'm back on track now, I can really feel the difference.

I have some residual problems getting enough fiber so I need to eat oatmeal and fruits that are not on my diet but I'm still moving forward, just more slowly.

I am still taking Essential fatty acids,FLAX SEED OIL, and of course
THE FOUR ESSENTIAL MINERALS FOR HEALING, of special concern for diabetics:

SELENIUM,MAGNESIUM,CHROMIUM, and ZINC. Sure you can buy these supplements cheaper elsewhere, but I buy from Vitabase and Swanson exclusively because I know their stuff is made right here in the US, NOT IN CHINA.

I wish you all abundant health and happiness.

~~~Jokes~~~
SAFARI SURVIVAL

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa , taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for the company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that he's lost. .. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap the old poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard!
I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here,monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet,and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle says.

"Where's that darn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!

~~~
Basic research is what I am doing when I don't
know what I am doing.
-- Wernher von Braun

Why shouldn't things be largely absurd, futile,
and transitory? They are so, and we are so, and
they and we go very well together.
-- George Santayana

We all have strength enough to endure the
misfortunes of others.
-- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Seeing ourselves as others see us would probably
confirm our worst suspicions about them.
-- Franklin P. Adams


~~~
It's a rare person who wants to hear what he
doesn't want to hear.
-- Dick Cavett

Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own
life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it.
-- Cullen Hightower

The keenest sorrow is to recognize ourselves as
the sole cause of all our adversities.
-- Sophocles

Nothing says, 'I have no idea what to get you,'
quite like giant beige bath towels.
-- Missbhavens,

Have a great day, may you be always blessed and your wallet always full, May you find fresh pasture and cool shade. Be blessed my friends!
write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, although if you must put me down read the Whole blog first!
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME

No comments: