Monday, July 2, 2007

WHAT IS A BLOG? HOW I GOT FROM THERE TO HERE

Yesterday I received a rather discouraging email. Basically it went like this, my blog is a disappointment, I didn't inform people of my initial diagnostic interview with my doctor, I wasn’t giving my blood glucose numbers everyday and my weight [well good luck on That one!] I had no research,no information on any lifestyle changes, no facts at all...[sigh] I was quite the failure. Oh and I was taking insulin [gasp!] how dare I be doing that and say I’m reversing my diabetes?

Ok so here goes, It’s 1995; I had no doctor as I had no insurance. I was taking care of an elderly lady with diabetes [keep in mind here I’d had a massive stroke in my youth that left me nearly unemployable most of my life] anyway I just got the lancet out to stick her for her blood glucose test and I accidentally stuck myself, I just decided to go ahead and test myself just for giggles. I was at 126, fasting.

I asked the nurse who was my overseer about this and she informed me I was diabetic. No, of course I wasn’t diabetic, how could I be [???] I had no doctor, I had no funds for the insulin or testing equipment, I certainly did NOT have Diabetes!

I went on like this until [year 2000 now] I finally met my birth mother after I moved from Oregon to Michigan to get married to the man I met online in a Christian chat room. My mother lived in Northern Indiana. My birth mother had Diabetes and had had it for decades, she was stooped over, could barely walk from neuropathy, and her blood sugar was usually around 300-400.

I still did not have diabetes, OH no not me! But my mother gave me a tester and some outdated strips and I started testing, My blood sugar was high, usually around 200 or slightly less, but I felt ok, sure I was tired all the time, my feet always hurt, but then they always HAVE hurt, my energy levels were way down, but then I couldn’t sleep. Later I found out it was because I had such high blood pressure. And remember I’d already had a stroke!

Ok let’s skip ahead, I started under my mother’s tutelage and my foggy rememberings of diabetic training for elder home care, I started taking insulin all willy-nilly, I thought I had to.

Then my mother died of complications of her diabetes [I’m skipping a lot here because talking about myself and this stuff is getting very boring and painful]

[Jan 2007]I went to a newly opened free clinic in our town, the doctor got really angry with me over my crazy and erratic testing/insulin dosages/AND my plan to reverse the diabetes. He really berated me, ensuring that my doubt and distrust in doctors remained the same.

At that time my average for my Blood Glucose was right around 260. I tested twice a day on rising and again before dinner, I was taking 20 mg of insulin twice a day. The doctor in his pigheaded arrogance, sorry that slipped out, really ticked me off so I decided to just show him, In January of this year I started my diet, now all this stuff is in the beginning of my blog and since I have quite a few readers who’ve been with me for a while I don’t want to dredge it all up everyday so one new reader can know all my dirty secrets, but here goes.

I was eating a low-carb, low-fat, low-salt, no-sugar, low-food diet for several weeks. I quickly lost 10%, then 15% of my bodyweight, I started exercising. Then my blood glucose reading went down to the consistent one-teens, as in 111-119. Oh it popped up a few times to 121 or so but it stayed there for a long time. I took the injection amounts down to 10 mgs per dose. This has been the case for a few months now, who knew this would take so long! Anyway I tried a few things to speed up the process, I had liver and colon cleanses, they were minimally successful and since they weren’t that wonderful I refrained from giving advice about them as much because if it’s not that good for me I can’t recommend it for others.

This brings me to another point, My disgruntled emailer also called me a pimp for supplements that I gave no information about nor was it appropriate to mention them on the blog as they were for sale! I have on many occasions given very detailed information on each and every supplement I was taking and recommending. In fact I’ve over detailed information, and quite frankly it’s kind of embarrassing how many supplements I do take so I rather downplayed it. Also just like everything, and everyone, advertising is what keeps stuff online and how we make our livings, every one of us, I won’t apologize for making a living.

I have found a product that really works and I will plug it, I do take it and it’s helped me a lot, cell power
.

One of the reasons I talk about supplements is because I do take them and recommend them because they do help. However cell power helps the most.

Here are my current stats for those who have inquiring minds and need to know. Last night my blood glucose reading was 100, I took 10 mgs of insulin, this am it was 99, I took 10 mgs of insulin. I will take 5mgs as soon as my readings are consistently below 100 every time. I gotta admit something, I was eating such bland and boring foods, stuff I hate and take like medicine because I don’t like it [I lost much of my ability to taste about 6 years ago]. I know that’s just an excuse but and this is a terrible confession, I’ve been cheating quite a lot on my diet of chicken breasts and broccoli and spinach. I’ve had fried chicken and pizza and lately several chocolate bars [special dark, my faves!]

When I got so sick this spring[first allergies- I was so sick- then an awful rash-all over!-from the Neem I was trying; to reverse the diabetes] my blood sugar went way up anyway and I’ve finally stabilized it from that, then my cheating and I’ve stabilized it from that, now the heat is being a problem, but still I’m doing better.

My weight? Well I’ve lost a solid 34 pounds, I won’t give you my totals, Just never mind; I could still lose another 70 pounds to feel normal though.

So that’s the deal. I hope everyone’s happy now. I really want to mention again about the four essential minerals a diabetic needs:
The four essential minerals for diabetic support
If you click on these links you’ll see more about why they are essential:

chromium


Magnesium, a benefit to heart, muscles, and liver



Selenium~ a benefit to the immune system, diabetes is an immune system dis-ease


Zinc~!the healing mineral


I want to address another criticism my email friend mentioned; about how I had no research on my blog, I wish she’d just check around, we’ve discussed the Dawn
Phenomenon, the Synogi effects, how the Liver functions and how to take care of it, I’ve talked at length about the dangers of having out of control blood sugar, which foods are best and why, which nutrients are essential, and so many other topics, there is a veritable smorgasbord of research if you are willing to look.

And lastly lifestyle changes, I've talked quite a bit about my gardening and work in my shop, I have pictures of the work I've done, and didn't really think I needed to talk about the same stuff every day, or even every week.
As a matter of fact I try to put out 4-5 blog entries a week [over six months that’s a lot!], there’s so much I can’t believe it appears like there’s nothing.

write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, although if you must put me down read the Whole blog first!
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

Please check out what's happening at:Mercola.com

~~~jokes~~

What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

~~
Car pooling to work, a man got increasingly more stressed with each trip. After a week of panic attacks, he went to the doctor. "I'm fine on the bridge, in traffic and even in the dark after a long day", the man explained. "But when I go through the tunnels with those four other passengers, I feel like I'm going to explode. Am I crazy?". " Not at all" the doc said. "You just have Car Pool Tunnel Syndrome."

~~

The captain of a Spanish pirate ship was proud of his dog. He had trained the dog to bark once for “si” and twice for “no.” Then one day, the ship was captured by the British. The British captain taught the dog the same trick in English. That’s how it became the first “si” and “aye” dog!

And on that note I’ll be saying good by, Have a great day, may you live long and prosper! May you find fresh pasture and cool shade. Be blessed my friends!

No comments: