Tuesday, November 27, 2007

NEW DAY; COLD FREE? INSOMNIA

OK, I feel great today, but then I felt good yesterday until I spent a few hours working in the garage, after that I had a bit of coughing. I haven't run a fever in a few days, I'm just going to say it.... I'm well. Also, even tho' I had to be sick for over a week, still it's less than the three weeks others have been sick with this particular crud, nor have I been as sick as they claimed to have been. Also even with the occasional diet straying, I'm better in the Candidiasis reactions too. I don't get the allergic reactions I used to have...

I'm still taking my
,to help get rid of the candidiasis. This time I'm also regularly taking the ~coconut oil
which I feel is really keeping me on-track.


I am very regular in my CellPower™ doses and I know it's really making incremental changes in my health, I get better ten I sort of coast for a while then another boost of health. Actually, for me with all my weight loss programs and health regimen it's always been this way. Often I've given up and reverted; but now death is on the line, and while I'm not afraid to die, I am not quite ready to go yet.

I found a few strategies for cold fighting.
~first take no antibiotics, colds are caused by viruses and antibiotics only work on bacteria.
~take lots and lots of Vitamin C with rose hips
~IMPORTANT-get lots of sleep and drink CLEAN water
~DRESS WARM-Allow yourself to get excessively warm and don't cool yourself off until the fever breaks.
And here is something I thought I'd never say
~take a mild cold remedy rather than go without sleep.

I hate drugs but sometimes a mild nsaid just does have its place. Sleep is essential for healing and the times I've stayed loyal to my principals and maintained a sleepless misery; I've had illness that lasted for months at a time.
I suffer from insomnia that worsens from any impetus. I know for me it has become psychosomatic but I lack the funds to investigate the causes and eliminate it. I did have a cure but it can no longer be implemented due to outside factors.

Part of my problem is that I can really only sleep on my stomach but since I was attacked and beaten my spine can no longer tolerate that position and I must sleep on my back, my least comfortable position.

Ok enough of that, I'm not asking for sympathy, nor garnering any pity, It's a fact I must deal with and leaving out this information leaves gaps in my testimony on my regaining my health. In fact insomnia is possibly the most salient factor in my bid and efforts to get well. Insomnia has its roots in my life as a reaction to anxiety that I no longer even have in my life.

So today I'm going to explore insomnia:

(1)
What is insomnia?
Insomnia is too little or poor-quality sleep caused by one or more of the following:

Trouble falling asleep
Waking up a lot during the night with trouble returning to sleep
Waking up too early in the morning
Having un-refreshing sleep (not feeling well rested), even after sleeping 7 to 8 hours at night
Insomnia can cause problems during the day, such as excessive sleepiness, fatigue, trouble thinking clearly or staying focused, or feeling depressed or irritable. It is not defined by the number of hours you sleep every night. Although the amount of sleep a person needs varies, most people need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a night.

What are the different types of insomnia and what causes them?
Insomnia can be:

Transient (short term) insomnia lasts from a single night to a few weeks.
Intermittent (on and off) insomnia is short term, which happens from time to time.
Chronic (on-going) insomnia occurs at least 3 nights a week over a month or more.
Chronic insomnia is either primary or secondary:

Primary insomnia is not related to any other health problem.
Secondary insomnia can be caused by a medical condition (such as cancer, asthma, or arthritis), drugs, stress or a mental health problem (such as depression), or a poor sleep environment (such as too much light or noise, or a bed partner who snores).
Do women suffer from insomnia more than men?
Women are twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men. Some research suggests that certain social factors, such as being unemployed or divorced, are related to poor sleep and increase the risk of insomnia in women. Also, insomnia tends to increase with age.

Sometimes perimenopausal (the time leading up to menopause) women have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep; hot flashes and night sweats often can disturb sleep. Pregnancy also can affect how well a woman sleeps.


(2)
The effects of insomnia can include such things as:

· Personality changes. The effects of insomnia tend to be most noticeable in personality. Those who are suffering from the effects of insomnia will find they are more irritable and quicker to snap than those who enjoy a good night's sleep on a regular basis. The severity of the personality changes that can result as the effects of insomnia will depend on the person, the length of time sleep has been disrupted and the outside factors that can add to irritability. When these changes are severe enough jobs, personal relationships and more can all be impacted.

· Performance issues. Anyone suffering from the effects of insomnia will find doing even the most basic of everyday things can be a little more difficult. From writing out checks to performing simple tasks at work, the effects of insomnia really show up here. The more severe the effects of insomnia are, the worse this performance issue can become.

· Psychological. Beyond normal personality changes, those who suffer from the effects of insomnia are more likely to suffer from psychological issues. Things such as depression are more likely when insomnia is present. Insomnia can also be a symptom of some of these conditions. Medical help here is almost always advised.

· Safety. The effects of insomnia can impact a person's overall safety. When heavy machinery needs to be used or vehicles have to be driven, the impacts will likely become obvious. The impacts can be bad enough in some cases that fatal accidents can happen.

· Health. The effects of insomnia can also impact overall health. Those who do not get enough sleep are more prone to illness and infection. Correcting insomnia can help prevent illness.

When the effects of insomnia take hold, a person's entire life can change for the worse. Finding what is causing the insomnia and dealing with it can help life return to normal. It might take a little time to get to the root cause, but doing so can be vital for a whole lot of reasons.


Insomnia can be exacerbated by sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome and jet lag. Some strategies for getting a good night's sleep.

~use your bed for sleep only, no work related activities, and make your room into a restful retreat.

~block out all light, extraneous light messes with your normal circadian rhythms, e have a built in sleep/wake interval hard-wired into our psyches.

~use regular bedtimes and rising times. Our bodies function best on a schedule. We can program in the times to sleep and wake.

~exercising a few hours before bed can eliminate the restless leg syndrome and give the body the natural endorrphan rush to help it relax.

~A hot bath can help one relax enough to sleep; especially nice after exercising.

~do not eat or drink right before bedtime, unless it's very light to ease any severe hunger, you don't want to have to get up to go to the bathroom.

~stay away from prescription meds they only cover up the problem. Tryptophan and to a lesser extent Metatonin can help with the kind of insomnia that that makes it hard to sleep initially, but not so much the fall-asleep-but-wake-up-later-and-can't-sleep type.

~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing.

~If you must take a potty break, do not turn on a lot of lights or speak, a kind of awake sleep walking can be maintained to aid in return to sleep.

~use white noise to cover any outside noise disturbances. I used to play a favorite CD on repeat that had quiet pleasing music, but my husband has asked me to stop it.

~get a really comfortable [to you] mattress. I checked out mattresses and most felt like sleeping on a slab of marble. Those were listed as 'healthier' ones. I like my mattress to be much much softer, wear comfy loose clothing, keeping a good temperature for you is helpful; my husband likes it very warm I wish it could be cooler, guess who won that one? neither of us sleeps with a blanket on. Funny, I used to like a blanket on for secuirty [you remember the alligator under the bed?]no matter how hot it was; now I prefer to sleep curled up, no parts over the edge of the bed[of course] and no blanket.

So that's my list, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear about them.

Here's the list of supplements I am takingCellPower™ to bring me back to health.
And FLAX SEED OIL for my colon of course
~Glutathione-the master antioxidant is a great helper to counteract many diabetic complications.
~4 essential minerals for diabetics
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC especially to help you heal.

*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~~~Jokes and Inspiration~~~
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Hannah Arendt

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.
Mark Twain

~~~
As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you over the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?", here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

~~~
It is even harder for the average ape to believe
that he has descended from man.
-- H. L. Mencken

To disagree with three-fourths of the British
public is one of the first requisites of sanity.
-- Oscar Wilde

Those who speak most of progress measure it by
quantity and not by quality.
-- George Santayana

All the President is, is a glorified public
relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing
and kicking people to get them to do what they
are supposed to do anyway.
-- Harry S Truman

~~~
Important news;



The recent hurricanes and skyrocketing oil and gasoline prices helped to prove the existence of a new element. In early October 2005, a major research institution announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element has been named "Governmentium."

Governmentium (Gv) has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by forces called 'morons' which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called 'peons.' Since Gv has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of Gv causes one reaction to take over four days to complete, when it would normally take less than a second!

Gv has a normal half-life of 4 years; it does not decay; but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming 'isodopes.' This characteristic of moron promotion leads most scientists to believe that Gv is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as 'Critical Morass.'

When catalyzed with money, Gv becomes "Administratium' (Am) - an element which radiates just as much energy as Gv, since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

~~~
Thanksgiving Divorce

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says,"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams. We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this,"

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Thanksgiv ing and paying their own way."
~~~
Hello seeker! Now don't feel alone here in the
New Age, because there's a seeker born every
minute.
-- Firesign Theatre

Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number
of things, in order to avoid the calamity of
being ignorant of everything.
-- Sydney Smith

Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see
them being made.
-- Otto von Bismarck

On the whole human beings want to be good, but
not too good, and not quite all the time.
-- George Orwell

Have a glorious day of inspiration and peace.

SOURCES
(1)http://www.4women.gov/faq/insomnia.htm
(2)http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Effects-Of-Insomnia-Can-Be-Crippling&id=582812

No comments: