Monday, August 6, 2007

ANOTHER ADVANTAGE OF SUMMER

Today I went on a shopping trip with some friends from Church. I asked my lady-friend to go with me to check out the thrift stores but she decided she just couldn't leave her hubby at home so he drove us. I bought bags full of clothes! Some I can wear now, some will be altered to make something else. We just had to stop by a roadside stand and get some lovely fresh veggies. I think part of the CellPower™ miracle is that I'm craving fruits and veggies, not normal for me. I bought tomatoes, Anaheim peppers, Jalapeno peppers, green peppers, an eggplant and zucchinis! I could hardly wait to get home and have some.

~~~~recipe~~~

OK this is how I do it you eat it anyway you like.

I slice up the zucchinis and eggplant,
and also two Jalapenos,
a green pepper,
1/2 an onion and 2 crushed/diced cloves of garlic,
and an Anaheim pepper, I melt some coconut oil
about a tablespoon in a pan put a lid on it and heat over "low' heat. I don't call this frying, but I really do best on cooked veggies, this softens and warms them, steaming gently. I add some of my own spice mix because I refuse to use prepared mixes since I found MSG in my lemon pepper!!!!!!!!; below see my mix recipe.
Anyway I made a small hamburger patty to go with my lovely [tasty] veggies, it was delicious! I added my spice mix that I call Katy's Essence [it's based on Emeril's Essence mix, but I added more heat for great barbecue rubs!]

~~~Katy's essence~~~
I've sent this out to friends all over the US because when I make it every year I make a lot!

When I say a part I use a bottle of spice, it can be any size as long as all 'parts' are the same size.

2 1/2 parts of paprika [I love paprika anyway]
2 parts salt[I use sea salt or kosher salt]
2 parts garlic powder
1 part black pepper
1 part onion powder
1 part Cajun seasoning
1 part Italian herbs
1 part crushed red pepper
1 part chili powder
put it all in your food processor to grind up the Italian herbs and crushed red pepper so it's Incorporated well into the other spices which are powders.

I usually make a double batch to last a year, we snarf this stuff, I put it in re-marked spice bottles that the ingredients came from, I then save then as I empty then so I'll always have bottles to keep it in.

I use this especially for the grill Very Liberally covering all the meat [chicken]. It tastes so good. It's really not that hot, but you can use 1/2 part chili powder instead for a milder spice mix.

~~~
I don't really know why I put recipes in this I doubt anyone ever uses them. Too bad, I found while reversing diabetes that I got so bored with my diet that I was dying, [yes, dying] for something that tasted good, I'll never ever eat another donut or any ice cream,red meat is out for me [I just cant digest it] and all the treats /I used to love are just not happenin' again. First I've become pretty particular about the additives on finds routinely in our 'food' supply. I won't eat Genetically modified foods or sprayed foods [I wash if I don't know] something else that CellPower™ is good for. It really cleans the veggies, and I won't eat microwaved foods, processed foods were already out... It doesn't leave much. Sigh, Heavy Sigh.

For breakfast I added blueberries and real, plain yogurt, [ewe, it's really awful] my own strawberries and some pomegranate juice*, and some cherries [for the pain from getting rear-ended a few weeks ago]. I don't eat oatmeal for the taste but to reduce my cholesterol, and my blood pressure and *by the way pomegranate juice helps with that. My oatmeal isn't tasty but I get added fiber from it.

I lost lost of my ability to taste subtle flavors five years ago, I lost my ability to smell, no my sense of smell[I probably get really whiff after gardening!] just two years ago, and would love to get back the original one, now nothing smells really good. I can smell food cooking, sort of but all fragrances are nasty! All I smell is a strong chemical smell that is far from pleasant. I did get a treat the other day and got a sniff of someone Else's perfume at church and it smelled good, but not on me. All my clothes, my hair and bath soaps smell exactly the same, icky. I have absolutely no clue why this is and I've done some research on the subject. It started when I had the flu the second time in a few months [each session lasted many weeks], and I said just as I was recovering the second time, well at least I never lost my sense of smell this time, and the next day it was gone, and only a few smells have returned.

STATUS
My weight is staying the same, my blood glucose is also. in the one-teens [from 111-119 or lower]. I'm taking 10 units of insulin twice a day and seem to be doing better all the time.

I'm still taking CellPower™

AND coconut oil



for the Omega-3~6 balance and losing weight,Essential fatty acids,FLAX SEED OIL

AND
THE FOUR ESSENTIAL MINERALS FOR HEALING, of special concern for diabetics:
SELENIUM,
MAGNESIUM,
CHROMIUM,
and ZINC.




Have a great day, may you be always blessed and your wallet always full, May you find fresh pasture and cool shade. Be blessed my friends!

write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, although if you must put me down read the Whole blog first!
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


AND THE
~~~JOKES~~~


Before I give you the first one I want to hasten to inform you I got this from a southerner:
HOW TO INSTALL A SOUTHERN HOME SECURITY SYSTEM!!!

1) Go to a second-hand store, buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots
2) Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine

3) Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine

4) Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim,


I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't
think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of'em in the house. Better wait outside.
Cooter

~~~
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing,
sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what
sort of allergy I had but finally came to the
conclusion that it must be an allergy to
consciousness.
-- James Thurber



You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very
long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his
head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand
this? And radio operates exactly the same way:
you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat.
-- Albert Einstein, when asked to
describe radio

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics
for experiments, and they wander off through
equation after equation, and eventually build a
structure which has no relation to reality.
-- Nikola Tesla

~~~


A man goes skydiving for the first time. After listening to the instructor for what seems like days, he is ready to go. Excited, he jumps out of the airplane. After a bit, he pulls the ripcord. Nothing happens. He tries again. Still nothing.

He starts to panic, but remembers his back-up chute. He pulls that cord. Nothing happens. He frantically begins pulling both cords, but to no avail. Suddenly, he looks down and he can't believe his eyes. Another man is in the air with him, but this guy is going up! Just as the other guy passes by, the skydiver -- by this time scared out of his wits--yells, "Hey, do you know anything about skydiving?" The other guy yells back, "No! Do you know anything about gas stoves?"

~~~

STATISTICS TO PONDER
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is
700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
per year are
120,000.
(Calculation) Accidental deaths per physician
is
0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health Human Services.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now think about this:
Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.
is
80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths
per year, all age groups,
is
1,500.

(Calculation) The number of accidental deaths
per gun owner
is
.000188
Statistics courtesy of FBI
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,
BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please alert your friends
to this
alarming threat.
We must ban doctors
before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Ok, have a great evening.

No comments: