Tuesday, October 9, 2007

LULLABYE AND GOODNIGHT, the nightmare of insomnia

Please note there is a remedy search function to the right>>>>see: type in a health problem get the solution.

I've had insomnia all my life, I was sleep deprived from an early age. I'd lie awake at night worrying, I'd worry about my grades, my family, and when I couldn't think of anything to worry about, I'd worry about that.

I tried every cure known to mankind, I finally found that by listening to a tuneless 'music' tape over and over all night allowed me to fall and stay asleep all night. Well I can't do that now that I'm married, my husband who falls asleep very easily doesn't like the 'music'.

I was working but I never got enough sleep and I was rummy all day, I made stupid mistakes and was not a good employee, I had to quit the job and try to get well. I found out that my blood pressure was causing me to wake a lot every night. Now the High blood pressure isn't an issue but the frequent bladder-attacks are. I am healing from the diabetes, and even if I go way off my diet I am keeping my blood sugar within the proper ranges. Even my recent pH readings are for a normal person now staying at 7.25.

Sleep, however is sometimes still a problem. The CellPower™ cellpower~natural cures,natural alternative medicine,body rescue alkalizing,most alkalizing,alkalizing drops,body ph health<br />natural healing,cell health,oxygenate,cellpower,detoxify really helps but my body has a life-long habit of living a tortured night-life.

Once I start having a sleep problem I have a hard time breaking it again, I really try not to even think, "tonight I will not sleep." If I do I will have a hard time.
I read recently that women are more damaged by lack of sleep than men.

In fact:If you're a woman, you have an added risk: hypertension. Researchers found that women who get less than five hours of sleep at night had double the risk of having high blood pressure than women who sleep seven hours or more. Men are not so afflicted.

Sleep restriction can affect your endocrine system (including your adrenal glands, which handle stress) and inflammation (all illnesses ending in 'itis'). Getting less than seven hours of sleep at night for several nights in a row affects your memory, attention, and mood. It has also been 'proven' that a lack of sufficient sleep can cause depression.

One way to counteract the effects of a temporary insomnia is to take Melatrol- safe and natural~ valerian for pain relief and Magnesiuim for a great muscle relaxant .

(1)

Many people complain that they can’t fall asleep or stay asleep, or that they are sleepy during the day, but few consider these to be symptoms of a sleep disorder. Sleep deprivation is a symptom of a sleep disorder.

Particular behaviors during normal daytime activities are telltale signs of sleep deprivation. If you are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms during the day, you may not be getting enough restful sleep at night, and you may even have a sleep disorder.

Do you . . .

feel irritable or sleepy during the day?
have difficulty staying awake when sitting still, such as when watching television or reading?
fall asleep sometimes while driving?
have difficulty paying attention or concentrating at work, school, or home?
perform below your potential in work, school, or sports?
often get told by others that you look tired?
have difficulty with your memory?
react slowly?
have emotional outbursts?
feel like taking a nap almost every day?
require caffeinated beverages to keep yourself going?


If this is you, there are methods to cope,
~a bed that is comfortable really helps.
~And I find regular sleeping habits is also key,
~As I said before a pleasing white noise is also beneficial.
~If you are in pain, that will really cause problems also. A nice hot bath [my panacea for ills involving pain]. And possibly some hot cocoa, the old warm milk trick does work if you like milk.
~Serotonin levels that no longer as high as they were in one's youth can contribute to sleeplessness, so adding them back in the form of GABA a precursor of HGH, human growth hormone, will be efficacious, see the Swanson's link above right, they have the cheapest form of GABA anywhere, it really really works to reverse many signs of aging, I took it for a long time, also helps with sleep, it even reverses grey hair, that is it causes the follicles to regenerate and regrow real hair color.
~Allowing oneself to worry is a real sleep killer. If you can meditate or pray before falling asleep that will really be helpful.

I really hope this entry will bring blessed sleep to those who need it, I feel your pain~Nita Knapp.

other things I take are:coconut oil

is great for cooking and for continued weight loss. I really notice the difference in my weight control when I'm out of it for a while.
AND:
FLAX SEED OIL for my colon, but of course FLAX SEED OIL is also a great source of omega-3 essential fatty acids for THE BRAIN WHICH IS MOSTLY FAT, DID YOU KNOW THAT? AND YOUR HEART IS MOSTLY WATER!
And one each of the four essential minerals each day:
~SELENIUMhelps immune system,fights infection and aids circulation
~MAGNESIUMhelps to relax you, aids stress and muscle relaxing
~CHROMIUMimproves insulin sensitivity, and helps lower blood sugar.
~ZINC

I wish all of you the robust, vigorous health I'm getting closer to each day.
*************************************
Be sure to check out my new favorite interactive health message group healthwatch
Write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features. I do appreciate the feedback even if it’s negative, Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

-----THE GARDEN GNOME


~~~~Jokes And inspirations~~~~
The cat could very well be man's best friend but
would never stoop to admitting it.
-- Doug Larson

The world is round; it has no point.
-- Adrienne E. Gusoff

There is no passion like that of a functionary
for his function.
-- Georges Clemenceau
~~~
The other day a young person asked me how I felt about being old. I was taken aback, for I do not think of myself as old. Upon seeing my reaction, she was immediately embarrassed, but I explained that it was an interesting question, and I would ponder it, and let her know.

Old Age, I decided, is a gift.


I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don't agonize over those things for long.
I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.
I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.
Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?
I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.
I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.
Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.
I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.
As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)
~~~
DADDY, HOW WAS I BORN???

A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?"

The father answers: "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway! Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: 'You got Male!'"

Sign of the times?
~~~
A new student had joined the class and the teacher asked him if he knew his numbers.

"Yes," he said. "I do. My father taught me."

"Good. What comes after three."

"Four," answered the boy.

"What comes after six?"

"Seven."

"Very good," said the teacher. "Your dad did a good job. What comes after ten?"

"A jack," was the response.

~~sorry, I hope I'll find some funnier jokes for the next entry~~
Have a blessed day filled with Peace and Joy!

SOURCES AND MORE INFORMATION
http://www.shuteye.com/
www.sleepfoundation.org/
www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/sleepdisorders.html
www.healthieryou.com/sleep.html
www.healthieryou.com/sleep.html
(1)HELPGUIDE.ORG/SLEEP DISORDERS
http://www.helpguide.org/life/sleep_disorders.htm

No comments: