Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dis-ease

Ok, this is how I see it, and I've done lots of studying on the subject, you, of course are quite free to disagree and in fact I encourage dialog, so here goes.

Dis-ease is a condition in the body where one is not in balance. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Well it is. A body out-of-balance will manifest dis-ease in any number of ways. I currently have what western medicine calls diabetes, a dis-ease that causes my pancreas to either not produce enough insulin or in my case my body is resisting the insulin that is released.

How does a body become out-of-balance? We as an organism, in fact all organisms are supposed to ingest foods that will be building blocks of health [absence of dis-ease]. If the correct building blocks are not present. or are perverted in some way [like eating packaged[highly refined] foods/Genetically modified/or unbalanced foods like ones with way too much sugar, salt or acid-producers; the building blocks will not support the health of the organism. Dis-ease occurs in one form or another, one will get cancer, another diabetes, or heart dis-ease, or any one of those pesky life-threatening dis-eases.

On a very basic level we are to have an interior pH of right around 7.4, slightly alkaline.

(1)An acidic system mean oxidation which means decay

Excess acidity causes numerous disturbances such as:

Weakening of the skin, hair, nails, teeth, bones
Deterioration of the digestive tract, leaky gut syndrome
Candida
Allergies
Excitability of the nervous system, sciatica
Tendency to depressive illness, anxiety, panic disorders
Muscular spasms and cramps
Enhances susceptibility to infections (bacterial, viral, etc.)
Chronic fatigue
Blockage of certain minerals which become unavailable
Increased risk of cancerous cells proliferating

(2)Alkalizing foods
• Almost all vegetables (except peppers, beets)
• Practically all fruits with the exception of blueberries, plums, prunes, and cranberries. Even citrus fruits such as lemons, which we think of as being acidic, are alkaline-producing in the body. They are rich in organic salts, like citrates, which are being converted into bicarbonates.
• Beans such as string, soy, lima, green and snap
• Peas
• Potatoes
• Arrowroot flour
• Grains such as flax, millet, quinoa, and amaranth
• Nuts like almonds, pignoli, fresh coconut and chestnuts
• Sprouted seeds of alfalfa, radish and chia
• Unsprouted sesame
• Fresh unsalted butter
• Milk
• Cream
• Goat's milk
• Eggs
• Whey
• Plain yogurt
• Sweeteners like raw, unpasteurized honey, dried sugar cane juice (Sucanat), brown rice syrup
• Fruit juices
• All vegetable juices
• Most herbal teas
• Garlic
• Cayenne Pepper
• Gelatin
• Most herbs
• Miso
• Most vegetable and unprocessed sea salt
• Most spices
• Vanilla extract
• Brewer's yeast
• Most unprocessed, cold-pressed oils are neutral or alkaline-forming
Not all these foods are however on my "good" list, I'd remove milk, because it has been compromised [see: Dr. Mercola:The Sordid History of Monsanto Poisoning Your Milk ]
I stick closer to the pain-free food list I have already addressed but steer clear of sugary things for obvious reasons.click on for site
I'm neither advocating you change your life or risk any damage by eating foods you don't want to, but I'm sick of this disease and will do whatever I can to change my body to regain health, I can't see eating a narrower range of foods will hurt me, and if it helps, so much the better!

Write and tell me your experiences and send those url's for your favorite sites, I check them All out!

SOURCES
(1) BL PUBLICATIONS
http://blpublications.com/index.html

(2) Dreddyclinic.com
http://www.dreddyclinic.com/diet/alcaline/alk_diet.htm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Katy, My name is Glen Thomas, I live in Beaver, PA I saw your post on Mercola's "Vital Votes", which led me to your blog.

I have type II, no health insurance,and a small business. also a bad case of candida.
I wanted to tell you about a website and a publication I stumbled onto last year as I was travelling to Wisconsin.

Diabetescure101.com check it out.

webriter said...

Glen, how are you dealing with the Candida? I know a low-yeast, low- sugar diet helps but only to a degree! I use lots of Hydrogen peroxide and lamasil.

Katy