Monday, April 16, 2007

THOUGHTS ON EXERCISE

I said the other day there just might be something to this exercise thing. I haven't been able to do much this last two weeks due to the weather change and the pain settling in my muscles and bones. I'm a big baby when it comes to pain, if it hurts I won't do it. Even a little hurt stops me from bending, walking, using the stairs.

Anyway I’ve had no exercise except just getting dressed every day [some housework] and going to church. Not Nearly enough exercise for me to be sure.

I heard today on one of those morning news shows that exercise experts haven’t settled the issue amongst themselves as to whether aerobic exercise is best or just weight training. They had a entertaining little argument going. Here again we are getting one-size-fits-all-advice.

My thought is: being physically active is good, I don’t like exercise equipment, I used to bike a lot, but I actually used it for transit, I was very fit then. I’m way too mortal to bike now, the occasional fall would mess me up good! Running is not my idea of a good time and I hate to sweat, having had two decades plus of back-to-back hot flashes cured me of my love for sweat [as if!]. I get exercise aplenty working in my shop, running up and down my steps doing laundry. BUT, and this is a big BUTT [just kidding], I have an improved diet now, the hot flashes have slowed way down and I’ve actually been very cold outside in these days we’ve had of Perma-frosty air. Walking on the cold concrete in my garage has really hurt my hips and knees. I have feet that never stood a chance in this world, they were not built to normal specifications and have hurt ALL my life. All this has impeded my getting exercise.

My blood sugar has settled recently in the 120’s where it’d been in the 1-teens before, I have to do something to change this, so I need to move around. I’m very muscular inside the fat so I weigh more than I look like and all this added fat is hard on my heart and hard on my frame to drag around, so getting moving for me IS exercise. I don’t huff and puff anymore, but I’m taking it easy. You, of course can consult with your physician to keep you working at your level, you might need to use exercise equipment.

This summer, if it ever gets here... I’ll have an acre of lawn to mow each week, and my 650 square feet of gardens to maintain. Now, I have very little to do.
I did get some painting and re-potting done, I moved some of my garden ‘art’ put into place outside. I’m mostly puttering but this afternoon I’ll be doing quite a bit of walking buying my birthday present.

Have a great day
Here is some help for diabetics who need it, Like me!

Vitamin E-1000
Vitamin E is an important antioxidant necessary for proper immune system function as well as healthy skin and eyes. Absorbed through the gastrointestinal system, vitamin E is stored throughout the body in organs and tissues. A deficiency in vitamin E may evidence itself as fatigue, anemia, concentration problems or low thyroid levels. Low blood levels have also been associated with depression.
In addition to its importance to a healthy immune system and healthy eyes, vitamin E has been shown important in preventing a number of other conditions:
Immune system protection
Eye disease prevention
Memory loss prevention
Alzheimer’s disease
Diabetes
Parkinson’s disease prevention

Ester C-1000- for the healing process, whether it is from infection, injury, disease or surgery, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an important vitamin for general health. Because it is water-soluble, the body cannot store the vitamin so you must be certain to get enough daily, either through your diet or supplements like Ester C - 1000. Vitamin C is a critical component of both basic body building functions and disease prevention. It is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body. Vitamin C is essential for the healing of wounds and the repair and maintenance of cartilage, bones and teeth. During any kind of healing process, whether it is from infection, injury, disease or surgery, the body uses large amounts of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant which can help block damage from free radicals.

Milk thistle-liver improvement-detoxMilk Thistle, or Sylbum marianum, saw medicinal applications as early as the first century with the Romans who used it primarily to treat liver problems. Modern scientific studies suggest that the active substances in Milk Thistle, particularly silymarin, protect the liver from damage which may be caused by toxins, alcohol, viruses and certain drugs.


grapeseed antioxidantProvides superior protection against free-radical damage.
Supports healthy vein and capillary structures.
Helps provide antioxidant protection for the brain and nervous system.
Has beneficial effects on a variety of conditions including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease.

Alpha lipoic acid for Liver healing;antioxidant Very important ally with the essential Vitamins C and E-Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful fat and water-soluble antioxidant. It directly recycles vitamin C and indirectly recycles vitamin E, providing additional antioxidant protection.

It is also an important component in the energy production process in the cells. In recent research, 600 mg of alpha-lipoic acid daily was found to decrease plasma LDL oxidation. Source Naturals ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID TIMED RELEASE is designed to be released gradually throughout the day.


Vitacomplete liquid supplement
one month supply, easy to take, complete supplemental nutrition designed for >antioxidant/free radical support>Heart and Circulatory health>Muscle/bone/joint support>Digestive health>organ cleanse>vision and anti-aging enhancement.Contains over 200 nutrients. Includes many popular juices like Mangosteen and Acai Berry. Save money! Get all your supplement needs in one product instead of multiple supplements. 29 Fruits, 13 Vegetables, and 26 Proprietary Herbs. 4 types of beneficial fiber. 13 Vitamins. 69 Minerals from Whole Foods. 6 Essential Fatty Acids. 17 Amino Acids. 7 Organic Plant Digestive Enzyme

flax seed oil- antioxidant- also for digestion One of the keys to staying young is staying “young at heart”. Flax Seed, which is rich in essential fatty acids, has been used by civilizations around the world for more than 10,000 years. Flax Seed Oil is a rich source of the Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acid alpha linolenic acid, which is necessary for a wide variety of biological processes. Natrol® Flax Seed Oil is manufactured without the use of chemical Hexane solvents.


Lycopene antioxidant
Natrol Lycopene is an amazing phytonutrient. Lycopene is the subject of recent research revealing its antioxidant properties. Lycopene has been identified as the key compound found in rich, red tomatoes. Although a diet high in fruits and vegetables is recommended for optimum health, it can be difficult to obtain the appropriate daily servings. By isolating Lycopene into easy-to-swallow tablets. Natrol now offers a solution to help supplement your diet with this health-promoting compound.

Cardiovascular Health: Resveratrol promotes cardiovascular health through its antioxidant action and its ability to maintain healthy platelet function and arachidonic acid metabolism.
Antioxidant and Cellular Health: Studies suggest that resveratrol promotes cell health by maintaining healthy enzyme function and scavenging free radicals.
What Is The Source?
Pure Encapsulations Resveratrol is derived from one of the richest known sources, Polygonum cuspidatum, an herb utilized as a nutritional agent for centuries. It is standardized to contain 20% trans resveratrol and 10% emodin.

Chromium Liver supportAids in loss of body fat without causing a loss of body mass. Promotes increased metabolism. Perhaps the most popular form of chromium supplements on the market. Supports healthy blood sugar levels.

Pycnogenol- a very powerful antioxident
Pycnogenol® (pronounced pick-nodge-en-all) is the brand name of an extract taken from the bark of the Maritime Pine, which grows along the Atlantic Coast of southwest France. The extract is rich in antioxidants and has been used by physicians in Europe for over thirty years to deal with a broad range of health conditions.
It has also been the subject of numerous controlled scientific studies and is now being hailed as one of the nutritional breakthroughs of the late twentieth century. As Professor Ronald Watson of the University of Arizona stated, “Here's a completely natural substance with remarkable activity, producing effects within minutes. It may have important health implications for an aging population.”

A GOOD LIVER CLEANSE
Complete Liver Cleanse~Stimulates bile flow, rids the liver of toxins.
It has a specially-designed fiber which binds with toxins so they leave the body
Why cleanse the liver?
Everything we breathe, eat, drink and absorb through our skin is purified and detoxified in the liver. Environmental toxins and the effects of improper eating and lifestyle habits can build up in the liver. It makes sense; toxins have to go!
How does it work?
A unique combination of ingredients stimulate bile flow, which help rid the liver of toxins. Once toxins are on the move, you don't want them reabsorbed. Complete Liver Cleanse is the answer. It has a specially-designed fiber which binds with toxins so they leave the body. The result is superior support for liver function and health!

If you have any questions
Katy Brezger
webriter@verizon.net
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/lw/index.html
http://www.productshealth.net/

No comments: