Friday, April 27, 2007

A NEW REGIMEN & OMEGA FATS

Here I am again, choking down yet another skinless, boneless chicken breast with some minimally cooked broccoli, no fat, no salt. I’m hungry but I can’t eat anything that tastes good to me. Ok I’ll be getting more letters assuring me that I can gorge on animal fats and eat sacks of salt, but I know what works for me. I need to eat right to lose weight and hold my blood glucose down, even lowering it. I’ve lost a total of 29 pounds, my blood sugar has been at 120 or so in the AM and last night it was a pre-prandial 92 , YAY!

I’m day one into my liver cleanse. I’m taking:
Complete Liver Cleanse ~ Stimulates bile flow, rids the liver of toxins.
~~~
It has a specially-designed fiber which binds with toxins so they leave the body

Why cleanse the liver?

Everything we breathe, eat, drink and absorb through our skin is purified and detoxified in the liver. Environmental toxins and the effects of improper eating and lifestyle habits can build up in the liver. It makes sense; toxins have to go!
How does it work?

A unique combination of ingredients stimulate bile flow, which help rid the liver of toxins. Once toxins are on the move, you don't want them reabsorbed. Complete Liver Cleanse is the answer. It has a specially-designed fiber which binds with toxins so they leave the body. The result is superior support for liver function and health!
Do click on the link to see the ingredients. It’s a two week cleanse.
~~~~
Starting the second week I will be fasting for a few days, then after the cleanse I will be starting a Neem leaf regimen for 20 days. I’m hoping for great things, and I know it won’t be easy, I just think by eating bland boring foods now it will make it much easier for me to do the fast [the hard part].

I will continue to take the following supplements during this whole time unless I feel I need to stop something for some reason:


super Kelp

Pycnogenol- a very powerful antioxidant

Chromium Liver support

Bilberry-eye health-diabetic vision support


flax seed oil- antioxidant- also for digestion

Psyllium plus-digestion
I take lots of these last two due to the IBS, riding me like a spectral jockey, making life miserable.

Cinnamon to regulate blood glucose levels

zinc-healing-development, reproduction, digestion, respiration and proper brain, nerve, vision and immune function
I will continue to take this all my life, a few years without it showed me how much I need it.

Chromium-improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose levels

selenium~ Contains all eight mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols. Contains all eight mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols. Protects cells. Easy to digest. Delivers vitamin E and selenium. A great combination to aid in protecting our bodies from the onslaught of free radicals.

Coral Calcium but I hope to stop taking this as it’s very constipating, who need that?

Ester C- Absorbed 400% faster than regular Vitamin C
Another thing that when I quit taking; it I noticed a rapid decline in health.

Milk thistle-liver improvement-detox
I hope I will have no need for this except for the periodic cleanses I will always have to do for my liver since my gall bladder was removed.

Alpha lipoic acid for Liver healing; antioxidant ditto from the previous.

I will always supplement with very good antioxidants, I know I cannot run away from the various pollutants our society claims are un-harmful and turns it’s collective head to warnings otherwise. Oops, beyond the scope of This blog.

A few words about Omegas:
(1) Mercola.com/Importance of Omega Three Fats in Health and Disease

By Dr. William Connor

Interest in omega-3 fatty acids began some 30 years ago and there are now several thousand papers in the scientific literature supporting their benefits. There is little doubt that omega-3 fatty acids are important in human nutrition. They are significant structural components of the cell membranes of tissues throughout the body and are especially rich in the retina, brain, and sperm, in which docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) constitutes 36.4% of total fatty acids Membrane fluidity is essential for proper functioning of these tissues. In the retina, where omega-3 fatty acids are especially important, deficiency can result in decreased vision and abnormal electroretinogram results.Omega-3 Fatty acids are essential fatty acids, necessary from conception through pregnancy and infancy and, undoubtedly, throughout life. The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids has increased in industrialized societies because of increased consumption of vegetable oils rich in omega-6 fatty acids, ie, linoleic acid, and reduced consumption of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.Another important feature of omega-3 fatty acids is their role in the prevention and modulation of certain diseases that are common in Western civilization. The following is a partial list of diseases that may be prevented or ameliorated with omega-3 fatty acids, in descending order of the strength of the available evidence as perceived by this reviewer
· Coronary heart disease and stroke
· Essential fatty acid deficiency in infancy (retinal and brain development)
· Autoimmune disorders (e.g., lupus and nephropathy)
· Crohn disease
· Cancers of the breast, colon, and prostate
· Mild hypertension; and
· Rheumatoid arthritis….

PLEASE CLICK ON LINK TO READ MORE

Dr. Mercola's Comment:
"Omega three fats are essential to your health. You can certainly get them from cod liver oil or fish oil. If you already have significant sun exposure then you should not take cod liver oil as you will run the risk of overdosing on vitamin D. You should then take fish oil capsules. The standard fish oil capsule is 180 mg of EPA and 120 mg of DHA. You should take approximately one capsule for every ten pounds of body weight, preferably in two divided doses. So if you weigh 160 pounds you would take 8 capsules twice a day. If you have problems with belching them up, you will want to consider taking them on an empty stomach."

Taking cod liver oil is trickier as you wouldn’t want to overdose on the /Vitamin D or Vitamin A.

Dr. Mercola continues:
"Generally our diet contains far to much omega 6 fats. Experts looking at the dietary ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids suggest that in early human history the ratio was about 1:1. Currently most Americans eat a dietary ratio that falls between 20:1 and 50:1. The optimal ratio is most likely closer to the original ratio of 1:1. For most of us this means greatly reducing the omega-6 fatty acids we consume and increasing the amount of omega-3 fatty acids…Please recognize that we get ALL the omega-6 and omega-9 fat we need from food. We do NOT need to take any supplements for these fats. Many of the omega fat supplements you see in health food stores will only serve to worsen your health, not improve it as they contain omega 6 fats which will worsen your omega-6 to omega-3 ratio."

My personal Omega-3 supplement is flax seed oil I personally take 25,000 units a day. I started out with three capsules, but every time I have an IBS flare I take another few caps, after the flare I can usually back off a cap or two, but in order to keep my ravaged colon functioning I need 12,000IU now. I tried taking the seeds, but can’t get enough of the oil to suffice. For me this is the current solution, but I’m hoping that with the cleanse and neem I cam eliminate the causes of the Candiasis and IBS, as well as get rid of the Diabetes.I also take fish oils and cod liver oil.As always you may write to me at webriter@verizon.net or use the chat feature on the blog or make a comment. Agree, disagree, just go ahead and write your thoughts, I love to hear from you.








SOURCES:
(1)Mercola.com/ Importance of Omega Three Fats in Health and Disease
http://www.mercola.com/2002/mar/13/omega3_fats.htm

No comments: