When I found out I was diabetic I wasn't all that worried, until I found out how damaging it is to the body. My mother said it affects every system in the body. Then she made sure I knew that she didn't worry at all about her out-of-control blood glucose levels. she did what a lot of diabetics do, ate as she pleased and adjusted her blood glucose with more and more insulin. This was until she lost her meter then just gave herself whatever she 'felt' she needed. She died last year after she lay in a hospital bed for a long time in great pain from an infection she got after her second roto-rootering of her blood vessels to help her lower limb circulation. [She'd had several toes removed and her back operated on leaving her stooped over and tippy.] The final operation was her undoing. Since she was my birth mother[I'd been adopted] I had reason to fear; my own health was deteriorating so I finally went to see a doctor to find out how to get a handle on my rapidly increasing blood sugar levels.
My doctor told me it was impossible to ever really reverse diabetes, and I'm just stubborn enough to go ahead and prove him wrong, That was in January, I've lost 35 pounds, [and I'm not only diabetic, but also over 50 and post-menopausal] and brought my blood sugar levels down an average of 180 points.
I have used several products to help me with the symptoms Optimum Diabetics
For those not able to eat a balanced diet,Optimum Diabetics is scientifically formulated to provide nutritional support for people with diabetes. Each supplement includes a complete, full-potency formulation of vitamins, minerals and standardized herbal extracts.
Optimum Diabetics Health Supplement provides the nutrients that you may be missing.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Neutralizes free radicals. Helps regenerate Vitamins C and E increasing their effectiveness in scavenging free radicals. Used since the 1960’s in Europe for its positive effects on blood sugar levels. Key to proper metabolism of glucose in the cell. Helps limit aging effects of free radical damage. Positively affects the metabolism, leading to increased energy.
Bilberry for capillary health
Since it helps to keep the tiny blood vessels working and clear it maintains the health of the eyes and extremites to minimize the damage Diabetes can do to these areas.
Then there are the four essential minerals to eliminate diabetes damage:
These trace minreals help the body to heal, aid the Liver in reducing pollutants, help insulin production in the body, help to metabolize fats into muscle, and help to lower cholesteral.
Since an acid PH causes much of our inflammatory dis-eases, using Acid defensewill really help.
Of course it's better, if you can to eat a better diet see Acid-Alkaline food lists
I suggest a start off menu of an extremely low carbohydrate diet. No prepared foods, no cereals, no potatoes, breads, pastas, and of course no sugar. And since Fiber is an issue to help diabetics lots of leafy green vegetables and just to be extra careful Psyllium fiber plus
And definately probiotics
for good digestion and that candida we all seem to get with the diabetes.
I like to start off with a great Liver cleanse
I'm currently also taking Also for weight loss and getting the proper ratio of
0mega-3 to Omega-6 fats I takecoconut oilevery day.
Here is what I use to help me de-acidify my body to rid myself of diabetes.
write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features.
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
And now for the Jokes!
Addicted to Your Cell Phone? Tangled in a web of wireless?
Maybe you should ask yourself these questions.
1. Do parts of your body tingle when you get free cell
2. Does raising your children interfere with programming
your speed dial?
3. Do you have long-distance conversations while sitting
on the toilet in a public restroom?
4. Does the term fashion statement mean to you matching
your outfit with your cell phone carrying case?
5. When getting into a car accident, is your first
response "Can you hold on a moment, I’m hemorrhaging?"
6. Does the sound of static trigger dark memories of
7. Do you use the menu light as your night light?
8. Does it take you an hour on a regular phone to get
the same feeling of a five-minute cellular call?
9. When receiving a phone call, do you ever ask the film
projectionist to lower the volume of the movie?
A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking his arm in two places. A shame as he had merely been listening to his walkman
The psychology instructor had just finished a lecture on mental health and was giving an oral test. Speaking specifically about manic depression, she asked, "How would you diagnose a patient who walks back and forth screaming at the top of his lungs one minute, then sits in a chair weeping uncontrollably the next?" A young man in the rear raised his hand and answered, "A basketball coach?"
25 SIGNS THAT YOU'VE HAD TOO MUCH OF THE 2000's:
1. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
2. You have a list of 15 phone #'s, to reach your family of three.
3. You call your son's beeper to let him know it's time to eat. He emails you back from his bedroom, "What's for dinner?"
4. Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
5. You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven't spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
6. You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
7. you go to every link you see.
8. Your grandmother clogs up your e-mail inbox asking you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
9. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
10. Every commercial on television has a website address at the bottom of the screen.
11. You buy a computer and a week later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
12. The concept of using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase, is foreign to you.
13. Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
14. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
15. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
16. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
17. Your idea of being organized, is multicolored Post-It notes.
18. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
19. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
20. You turn off your Modem and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
21. You get up in morning and go online before getting your coffee.
22. You wake up at 4 AM, to go to the bathroom and check your e-mail on your way back to bed.
23. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
24. You're reading this.
Have a great day, remember this is the first day of the rest of your life, start living NOW,don't wait, in five years you can be healed, skinny and full of energy, or just five years older.