Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PEACE-SERENITY AND HEALING

As we all know it is not possible to heal in an atmosphere of pessimism and unrest. So today I want to discuss peace and rest and their role in healing.

This is pretty obvious but it's not exactly what I'm going for today.(1)"Sleep. A good night's sleep is essential for physical, mental and emotional health. During deep sleep the mind rests. The more autonomic and primitive parts of the brain are then able to direct all the body's available energy to the work of healing and rejuvenation."

no, more like this:
"Rest. This means simply to give yourself some quiet time - whether daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. This rest may consist of a few minutes of meditation each day, or a day of quiet each week, or a weekend retreat once in a while - whatever works for you. When sitting quietly doing nothing, you may experience your thoughts coming to mind one after another, racing a mile a minute; the head talk never seems to stop. However, with practice, you will find yourself emerging from these quiet moments feeling energized and at peace"

Some people use prayer for this quiet time, others meditation,
still others find a nice sunset and a cool spot out of the sun to be helpful to re-charge and renew their systems. For me, I like a combo of all three. As the day winds down and my labors have just about ended I find that sitting in my back yard watching the setting sun through the trees gives me inspiration to talk to God, to meditate on His word and to reflect on His Goodness.

Exercise is good, staying busy is good, but there has to come a time, in each day when it's time to wind down, to rest, to regain one's peace and to re-charge and allow the body to slow down in preparation to going to bed. Type A personalities tend to just keep going and not allow themselves to just exist. All the work will be there tomorrow, so it doesn't get done tonight, So, you have more to do, Why are you filling up your days so much?

I used to try to get as much done each day as I could, I guess I thought that if I got enough done, someday, somewhere way down in my distant future I could just sit and do.... nuttin'! Because I'd already finished it all. I had what we called Hurry-up disease, I never took time to relax, sure I slept but not until I had Everything done! I still like to fill up my days, but having been 're-tired' for several years now, I am finding less and less to do. I actually got my wish and had nuttin' to do. For day after day, week after week, and I got so bored! I decorated everything in my house, all my lampshades [painted and beaded], made fancy drapery tie backs, tassels, and refinished furniture. I had no passion, and I tried to balance my life with busyness, not activity that I really cared about. Now I get up early in the morning, ground myself with some prayer and get busy, writing and reading researching and composing. Then, in the evening, I rest, I s-l-o-w down, enjoy the fruits of my labor and allow peace to flow over me and take several deep breaths, feeling the healing catch up with my body.

write to me at Webriter@verizon.net or use the comment or chat features.
Christian Biblical stories
Natural herbal remedies
blessings

Please check out what's happening at:Mercola.com
some very good things for healing
acid defense


coconut oil


Here is what I use to help me de-acidify my body to rid myself of diabetes.
cell power

remember to check out my advertizers it's the only way I can stay 'in business'.

Now for the Jokes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. This new element has been tentatively named "Administratium".

Administratium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons, and 11 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by a force called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Administratium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take over 4 days to complete when it would normally take less than a second. Administratium has a normal half-life of 3 years; it does not decay but instead undergoes a reorganization, in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons and assistant deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Administratium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization causes some morons to become neutrons forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to speculate that Administratium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as "Critical Morass".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip.
After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell YOU?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot. Some jerk has stolen our tent."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I've Matured...

>I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in...

>I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
>I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just donkeys.

>I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

>I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

>I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

>I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

>I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.

>I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

>I've learned that ex's are like fungus, and keep coming back.

>I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

>I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

>I've learned that we are responsible for what we do,
unless we are celebrities.

>I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural
stupidity.

>I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in your house, one of your kids did it

>I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

>I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away. And the real pains in the behind are permanent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An obstetrics nurse works at a large city hospital, where patients are from many different countries and cultures. One day while waiting for a new mother to be transferred to her division, she checked the chart and assumed that, because of her last name, the mother was of European descent. So when the patient was finally wheeled in, the nurse was surprised to see that she was Asian.

As she was performing the exam, they chatted, and the patient told the nurse that she was Chinese and her husband's ethnic heritage was Czech. After a short pause, she quipped, "I guess that makes my children Chinese Czechers!"

SOURCES:
(1)ADVANCES IN CONSCIOUSNESS/Dr.Brodeur M.D./Rest: a powerful natural inner resource for healing
http://members.tripod.com/zenol/rest.html

No comments: