Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ALLERGIES~EFFECTS ON HEALTH

If you are disappointed that I'm not talking directly about diabetes, I assure you this is relevant, diabetes comes with a lot of its annoying friends, you could scroll down and see other blog entries too.

PAUL SIMON lyrics - "Allergies"

Maladies,Melodies, Allergies to dust and grain
Maladies, Remedies, Still these allergies remain
My hand can't touch a guitar string, My fingers just burn and ache
My head intercedes with my bodily needs,And my body won't give it a break
My heart can stand a disaster, My heart can take a disgrace
But my heart is allergic, To the women I love
And it's changing the shape of my face

I wondered about the line "And it's changing the shape of my face", until the day I took a Motrin. My face swelled like a beach ball, just the lower part, but It was scary. I was given an epinephrine shot and a benedryl shot, told the swelling would go right now, but I am allergic to benedryl too. Ah, the Irony, allergic to the one safeguard medical science has to counteract allergies. Anyway the swelling stayed for weeks.

I was also allergic to insulin for a long time, I had terrible hives. My doctor was unfazed and just said I HAD to take it so just too bad for me! I'm no longer allergic to it now, at least I don't have specific reactions t it.

(1)"Allergic reactions result from an immune system that is "over reactive" to a specific inhalant, chemical or food. Scientifically speaking, sensitivities differ from true allergies, as they do not fall into one of the known allergic antibody responses. Regardless, food sensitivities, food allergies, or any other type of allergic responses cause similar suffering among affected individuals. Allergies or sensitivities to food and chemicals result in a wide array of symptoms."

"causative factor could be due to a "leaky gut." "Leaky Gut" refers to intestines, which are "leaking" undigested foods (proteins) into the blood stream. When the body finds these undigested proteins in the blood, it treats them as foreign invaders. White blood cells try to capture and masticate the substances, while the body also sets up a histaminic (allergic) reaction. One of the common causes for a leaky gut is a "Systemic Candidiasis Infection." In a Systemic Candida Infection, the Candida bacterium in the intestines over-populates. When it over-populates it then turns into a second life cycle, which is a mold. The mold "roots" itself into the intestinal walls via "rhizomes" which are essentially tiny roots. As the tiny roots penetrate the intestinal walls, it produces areas were undigested proteins can leak into the blood stream, setting up the reactions (below)"


(2)"If you have allergies, your immune system reacts to these allergens as if the allergens were invading the body. To fight the allergen, your immune system produces an antibody called immunoglobulin E (IgE)."

Allergic reactions include hives, itchy-watery eyes,itchy-buzzing ears, Facial swelling,itchy-swollen throat, sinus and nasal congestion, lung congestion and dry coughing, diarrhea, constipation, rashes- blisters and skin lesions, depending on the source of the allergen.

One cause for allergies is an unhappy liver, Since I had my gall bladder removed at age 20 my liver has stored bile for all those yeas and has become infiltrated, it has a much harder job to do filtering all the pollutants from daily life. When the liver is stressed we are open to receive allergic reactions.

Popular belief is that eating honey from your local area can alleviate pollen source allergic reactions. If the bees use local pollens the theory is they neutralize those particular allergens. I can neither verify or refute that, but it sounds good, eh?

A cursory look didn't find anyone saying that allergies are dangerous in and of themselves, but I have two points. One is that some allergies, like to bee stings and peanuts Can be fatal, and one never knows if one might develop a fatal allergy, as they do tend to proliferate. The second is a beleaguered immune system, one that is tracking down boogies and dealing with phantoms can't be an effective Immune system!!!!

Update on my personal journey:

My blood glucose levels are staying low, my weightloss has re-started, I've nearly got down to my original 30 pounds lost. I'm eating a small amount of raisins and lots of vegies sans carb, and my constipation seems to be back under control! YAY! I'm back on track.

While I couldn't find a satisfactory natural antihistamine, I am taking these:

Aller-7™ (patent-pending) is a proprietary blend of seven standardized herbal extracts clinically formulated and tested to promote good health. Ten years in the making, Aller-7™ is manufactured by a unique, three-stage extraction process resulting in an all-natural, safe, effective and well-tolerated formula clinically proven to promote respiratory health and normal breathing seasonally and all year round.
Studies have proven that Aller-7™ is safe and effective against allergies. A recent clinical study showed that 660 mg of Aller-7™ twice per day reduced sneezing, runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes. This was accomplished without any of the side effects such as headaches, drowsiness, fatigue or nervousness, normally associated with over the counter allergy products. Aller-7™ works to promote healthy respiratory and immune systems by promoting clear airway passages and easy breathing, promoting stabilization of mast cells, and neutralizing free radicals. Aller-7™ provides natural allergy relief for those suffering from seasonal allergies.
Promotes healthy respiratory and immune systems
Promotes clear airway passages and easy breathing
Stabilizes mast cells, which promote respiratory health
Neutralizes free radicals, which can damage the body's respiratory and immune systems
Safe, non-toxic, well-tolerated and will not cause side effects such as nervousness, headache, fatigue, drowsiness and bleeding, which are common with many medications


Provides essential nutrients for a healthy body. Increases energy. Enhances the immune system. Reduces anxiety and stress.
Immune Strong Wellness Booster Plus™ contains vitamins and minerals essential for the immune system, including white blood cell functions and thymus gland activity.
This formula also provides important antioxidant nutrients - vitamins A, C, and E, zinc, and selenium - in a base of thymus fractions, lysine, and herbal extracts of echinacea, blue flag, fennel, and goldenseal

Mega essential fatty acids gold


Probiotic-Suprema Dophilus

extra virgin coconut oil




write to me at webriter@verizon.net, or use the chat or comment features.




SOURCES
(1)NATURE DOCTOR/ALLERGIES
http://pages.prodigy.net/naturedoctor/allergies.html

(2)TEENS HEALTH/DO ALLERGIES CAUSE ASTHMA?
http://kidshealth.org/teen/managing_asthma/triggers/allergies_asthma.html

No comments: