Tuesday, May 15, 2007

INTERRIM COMMENTS~CARBOHYDRATES~LOSING WEIGHT

I've been reading the Dr. Bernstein's book The Diabetes solution (he's had type1 since he was a child, he's healthy and in his 70's now!. I see I've been doing a lot of things wrong. I've been eating things that are too high in available glucose.


Just a short word, for me, I noticed my blood glucose level is high in the am. Could be the Dawn phenomenon, or maybe sometimes the allergies, or colds I've been having, or even the popcorn I sometimes in the evening. Usually the foods I eat in the evening don't affect my blood glucose levels all that much for the AM reading. I do know for sure if I'm going to be taking my unpasteurized honey it should be in the AM between breakfast and lunch, I am very busy in the mornings these days, and I'm NOT a morning person!!!!

Lately, however I've been getting up earlier and earlier and today I had all my watering and bird feeder filling, tree pruning and a dozen other odd jobs all finished before the animals went to bed on Wavelit.com Africam. (I like to watch the African animals, but they are 6 hours ahead of me on EST and it's dark there before noon, my time.)

Anyway I know for me if I'm going to take my little bit of honey for constipation, (which I no longer have) it better be early.

Apparently, according to Dr. Berstein's book; I can't have any tomatoes or yellow peppers on my diet~and diet I must as a few of those hard won pounds have sneaked back! The darty baggers! So, I will have to get this diabetes all taken care of pretty quick so I can have a few 'mater's and stuffed peppers this fall. My gardens are stuffed with tomato plants and wouldn't ya know it, yellow peppers, sigh. I'm also growing jalapenos, which I love and strawberries and since I'm fiber impaired I must eat some fruits, just gotta.

According to Dr. Mercola:
"So, what is the answer? The answer is to find out what is right for you!
Not what some book says. Not what a friend says. Not what the latest fad says is right. You need to find out exactly what is right for YOU! A nutritional program that is tailored specifically for your kind of metabolism and that will meet the special and unique nutritional needs of the one and only you."

I totally agree, I know I need to find out what's right for me.


I'm still on the colon cleanse and now the Neem, and the coconut oil, I'm not taking a teaspoon of it now since I will be cooking with it today. I know this is a great combination for me. I feel awesome and I have lots of energy.

I picked up a skin allergy and I forgot what I usually use for it but I'll be putting some Neem powder on it for the time being.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a food related pun:
A wagon train was lost and low on food. But the pioneers came upon an old Norwegian man sitting beneath a tree. "Is there some place ahead where we can get food?" "I think so," he said. "But don't go over that hill. Someone told me there's a bacon tree over there." The lead pioneer went back and told the others what the man said. They decided to ignore the man's advice and go over the hill. Suddenly, Hostiles attacked them. Only the leader survived. He told the old man what happened. The man picked up an English-Norwegian dictionary and thumbed through it. "Oh, I made a big mistake! It wasn't a bacon tree. It was a Ham Bush!"

another non-food related joke:
A Frenchman, an Englishman and a New Yorker were exploring the jungle and were captured by a fierce tribe. As they sit in a hut, awaiting their fate, the chief comes to them and says, "The bad news is that now that we've caught you, we're going to kill you, and then use your skins to build a canoe. The good news is that you get to choose how you die."

The Frenchman says, "I take ze poison." The chief gives him some poison, the Frenchman says, "Vive la France!" and drinks it down.

The Englishman says, "A pistol for me, please." The chief gives him a pistol, he points it at his head, says, "God save the queen!" and blows his brains out.

The New Yorker says, "Gimme a fork." The chief is puzzled, but he shrugs and gives him a fork. The New Yorker takes the fork and starts jabbing himself all over -- the stomach, the sides, the chest, everywhere.

There's blood gushing out all over, it's horrible. The chief is appalled, and screams, "What are you doing???"

The New Yorker looks at the chief and says, "So much for your canoe,
~~~~~~ba-dum-bum~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK ON PREVIOUS DAY'S ENTRIES FOR MORE "WISDOM" AND GENERAL TOMFOOLERY.


a few of my favorite things:
Alpha Lipoic Acid

I hear I can lower my blood glucose level a whopping 30 points by taking this before meals. I think this really helps!

extra virgin coconut oil


Mega EFA gold


Probiotic-Suprema Dophilus


Write to me at webriter@verizon.net or go to my chat, top right, or make a comment.

SOURCES:
(1)DR.MERCOLA.COM-METABOLIC TYPING
www.mercola.com/2002/dec/18/metabolic_typing.htm

No comments: